SAU Community

A Good Read

Mike_

It's quite simple, the bird had heroin under her garments, she used religion as an excuse to not be searched. I think that when you go to court they should not take religious beliefs into consideration, if it was that important religion shouldnt have mattered.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have had a good read of all of this

The thing that stands out by far any away as the thing that pisses me off the most is using religion to exploit the law

If you live in Australia, the law MUST come first

If a muslim women is suspected of carrying drugs under her head dress, the copper shold be able to say, "sorry love, but thats coming off right now because off.......... reason" Full stop. Same if the suspect a Hindu person or whatever.

If a bogan was suspected of having some weed stashed under his VB cap, it would be coming off straight away!

Now I am not sure if this is in fact law, but here is where the problem lies and to a greater extent where the anti-muslim sentiment come from in my opinion

The religion is used to hinder the legal process

When that occurs, of course there will be anti (enter religon here) sentiments.

You only have to look at what happend in Redfern to realise that once the problem escaltates, there is allot of hatred under the surface!

meh, religion is all wank.

wake up to yourselves.

If you MUST follow a religion, perhaps look into Budism - seems the only 'natural' religion to me (ie peace and tranquility to all things). If I was to choose a religion Id follow Buddah. But Im not a sheep and have a free mind, so I hereby denounce all religions as 'wank'.

Let the flamage begin :P

lmao..

I do agree... Religions in all create more problems/wars etc than they solve.

In this day and age in 'Australia, US, basically all the western world' we have an excellent policing system; we don't 'need' to be scared of something for when we die to keep us in line.

Don't be a wanker tangles.

Your entitled to your opinion but don't need to go as far as saying it's a "wank"

By your logic i could say some pretty nasty things about people you care about, but i'm not that low.

There's some quite nasty arsed Christians (our next door neighbours who are quite serious Christians to the point where they are involved in a band and often have other people from their church join them in their home for practice)

Yes there are also some nasty non-religious people.

Religious or not its all up to the individual as to how they choose to live their life.

Just because one doesn't 'believe' it doesn't mean they are going to be one nasty arsed individual because they don't have anything to 'fear' when they pass on.

lol @ flamage

Never forget my friend that "sticks & stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me"

So yes violence could very well hurt, but words never should. Dont let it get to you.

Umm, Im extremely anti-religious. Extremely isnt even the right word for it. I consider religion to be the bearer of ALL evil. BEARER OF ALL EVIL = RELIGION. There, its written & therefore it must be truth. LOL

Therefore by my own reckoning I consider all religion to be wank. Meh; so what. Its a word - does that seriously hurt and distress you?

Far too many humans (billions) have died by the hands of religion.... its an evil curse that we as a woldwide society need to move on from. Religion may have been beneficial for Neanderthals (I dont see how - sacrificing one of your own to make a successful hunt doesnt seem smart to me) and Mongols etc, but I thought the human of today generally had more 'smarts' than that.

I love religious debates :devil:

My imaginary friend is better than all of your imaginary friends :devil:

I think it NEEDS to come to a bit of tolerance both ways.

We -in Australia- respect that others have a religion and are freely able to follow / whatever u like.

However, living in Australia means u should show the same respect back in regards to following our laws.

U cant expect people to want the law to protect them in some instances, then break it all the time when it suits them for religious purposes.

Give a little, get a little :)

...the thing that pisses me off the most is using religion to exploit the law...

......religion is used to hinder the legal process

Funny you should say that cos, if you've studied law you'll find that our constitution & many of our laws, as well as for those nations outside the Commonwealth have been derived from religion :devil:. Furthermore, its evident that our judicators who are meant to be impartial are still influenced by their religious beliefs when making case law.

You don't need to have studied either of the two, you read or hear about it all the time. Just look at the laws on abortion/ euthanasia, homosexuality & marriage & you can see that religion was the primary reason why they came about.

...religion is used to hinder the legal process
Dont get me wrong, I do agree with you to an extent. In the sense that religions need to be wiling to accept change & adapt quicker with our ever changing society. Edited by pkblade

when the f**k did everyone become philosifers n shit?

lol I've done a few subjects on Philosophy at Uni... Its actually quite an enjoyable subject.. Sit back and dribble shit. >_<

No exams and it definitely gave me different goals in life.

My last Phil class we had an Arab bloke who came over and was in a detention camp for a couple of years.

He was quite a crazy bugger. He once stood up pointing his finger shouting and getting in some blokes face due to a comment he didn't agree with, he would simply fly off the handle too quickly. But settled down towards the end. The class for him I think was very beneficial as it did open his mind a bit.

He had his presentation on............. Terrorism.

He supported terrorism so that was a very interesting discussion. :D