SAU Community

Official Sau Qld Dyno Day

Col-GTSX

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

170kW [evil] Muuaaha ha ha ha haaa [/evil]

very pleased with that. stupid speedo is out though :S says 80 when the car is doing 86.

So thanks everyone for an awesome day.

95rwkw >:D

pooooor

but the object was to get a starting figure before i start my mods. Considering this dyno runs low, say what, 105-110?

Brilliant day out, saw some really really mean cars, and some just made my jaw drop in amazement.

but the object was to get a starting figure before i start my mods. Considering this dyno runs low, say what, 105-110?

Trying hard to bite my tongue here. All I will say is, how can you have a level playing field and get accurate figures when they were fiddling with ramp rates etc on almost every run for at least the first 12 cars, trying to get it right.....

My car bombed out because of a fuel problem, could only get 147rwkw before they backed it off coz it was running dangerously lean, so on the way home i ordered myself a walbro fuel pump.

That should get you by until you can put in a decent pump :D

On a separate not, appeared to well organised...everyone was friendly as usual.

One thing I would like to say, as Lazy has, how can the runs be accurate when the ramp speeds are constantly changed. I also noticed around 6 cars that wheel spinned on the rollers and 5 of them I know should be making more power than the result. Chris (Pear) made 156rwkw and had wheel spin. I mean, I know they could hear it...so why didn't they do something about it. Col made 280rwkw with wheelspin, Adam made 220rwkw with wheelspin but they only gave him the 210rwkw printout, Chris had wheelspin, Andy had wheelspin...

I've been around dynos for a number of years and the only car I have seen with wheelspin was a 600rwkw GTR in RWD mode.

Not saying dodgy, just saying they should have done a little more to make it better.

first up... nice job to the execs for pulling it off. they were organized and had most of the stuff down pat. dave was on the ball with who was running next and who needed to be ready.

secondly, all star tuning - what a joke.

they are the most unorganized workshop i've come across. the dyno should have been ready to roll and calibrated with the CORRECT settings well before we had the first car on. it is understandable that all dynos read differently - some high, some low. but consistency is the key, my figures were all over the shop some varying by up to +/- 20kw.

the staff are NOT helpful and quite vague in answering questions and most importantly were far from enthusiastic.

a good day from SAu, but a thumbs down for all star. i have felt that my time and money were wasted by an unprofessional workshop.

i certainly hope we can include a well reputable 4wd dyno in future to accomodate the 33 and 34 gtr drivers without dropping the front shafts, and not favor a workshop whom some of us have had work done at.

congratulations to the others. it was good to catch up with a few old faces and a few new ones too!

All results and pictures and video is being worked on atm...

In the mean time ill move these posts to the new dyno day discussion thread in the general qld section...

But before closing this thread, a big thanks to everyone for coming along.

Huge thanks to the sau exec crew for the bbq and handling all the payments and the like.

Huge thanks to Richard and the Allstar crew for hosting an awsome day.

Thank you all.