SAU Community

Standard R32 Boost?

god's rx

stock boost on a rb20 is def 10 psi!!! that is why when people buy rb25 turbos they put the actulator off the rb20 turbo to run 10 psi... def sounds like u have a split in the hose or something like that... or a faulty guage.

I bet if they put the stock exhaust back on it wouldn't run 10psi though.

Stock for an r32 is 100% 10psi.

It sound like the wastegate is stuck closed, or is not opening properly.

As people have said before, check the vacuum hose going to the wastegate actuator to see if it is leaking (or not even there).

hmm, id like to get a definate answer. cause my defi gauge is reading 10psi and ive got a full exhaust and a remapped ecu...i really thought it would have gone up a couple of psi.

i always thought it was 7psi and mine had risen to 10psi cause of the mods...

If the following is correct, does this mean that a standard R32 is quicker than an R33???

10 psi is factory for an R32

7 psi is factory for an R33

not really, the 33 turbo is a bit bigger and more efficient which means it can make more power with less psi. boost isnt the only thing that determines which car is faster. thats on paper though, in reality it mostly comes down to driver

Different capacities, different compression ratios, different cam profiles, turbo efficiencies and different mapping.

And as OLik eluded to, 10psi isn't just 10psi. Pressure is force over an area. Therfore if there is a bigger area, there will be more airflow for a given pressure.