SAU Community

The Shire

PSI Parts

I have just moved into the Shire (Cronulla to be exact, although PSI Parts is still based and run from Melbourne) and wondering what Performance shops are around? I'm keen to get to know other people in the area and hopefully provide a great level of service for those in the area.

I have been told about GFS Performance, and noticed that they mainly focus in Fords and Subaru's. Has anyone been there and have any comments?

Just as a side not, there seems to be some very nice R32 GTRs and S15s floating around, and it seems the car scene in NSW is by far more alive than in Melbourne. :P

I have just moved into the Shire (Cronulla to be exact, although PSI Parts is still based and run from Melbourne) and wondering what Performance shops are around? I'm keen to get to know other people in the area and hopefully provide a great level of service for those in the area.

I have been told about GFS Performance, and noticed that they mainly focus in Fords and Subaru's. Has anyone been there and have any comments?

Just as a side not, there seems to be some very nice R32 GTRs and S15s floating around, and it seems the car scene in NSW is by far more alive than in Melbourne. :devil:

youll want to run back to melbourne after the cops here defect you!

if i had the money id move north sydney... police are far nicer...since riots. i live in cronulla defected and harrassed every wkend.

Just as a side not, there seems to be some very nice R32 GTRs and S15s floating around, and it seems the car scene in NSW is by far more alive than in Melbourne. :devil:

That's something I've noticed on my multiple trips to Melbourne. You just don't get the same kind (both in terms of number, and "quality") of modified cars than in Sydney.

I use "quality" very subjectively, given the shitboxes some people think are cool to drive through the CBD of Sydney on a Friday or Saturday night, but having gone through Chapel St or St Kilda on a Saturday night its nowhere near the same in terms of the number of bodykitted, lowered, chromied-up econoboxes you see crawling past the shops and clubs.

youll want to run back to melbourne after the cops here defect you!

Melbourne cops are probably bigger pricks than Sydney ones.

With that 3km/hr speed limit leeway, and the "only one intake mod allowed" rule, they're more likely to pull you over and more likely to defect you.

Melbourne cops are probably bigger pricks than Sydney ones.

With that 3km/hr speed limit leeway, and the "only one intake mod allowed" rule, they're more likely to pull you over and more likely to defect you.

oh really theyre tight there too?

sucks ey... like living here man unbelievable hassles and i even drive like a grandma these days...

i just set my self a rule ... i never drive in cronulla ne more.. if i go somewhere ill head north and meet mates for cruises..

please officer dont take me to the EPA!!! again :devil:

I reckon most of the cops in Australia are tight. The culture here seems to be very anti car enthusiast, and it doesn't help when tabloids write shit in their newspapers.

Talking to the guys I know in Brisbane / Gold Coast its not much better. Up north its even worse. If you're young and you're not in a sports car that's either a Falcodore or some classic American car (I realise that they're not sports cars, but I'm just repeating their mentality), you tend to get the short end of the stick from everyone.

Autosport at kirrawee

*cough*shameless plug!*cough* :/

Na good bloke, good workshop, does some qual stuff.

You've also got Race Pace Engineering in kirrawee, Just Jap (retail only i think, no mechanical work basically)

Yeah I'm not worried about parts, as thats what our company does :)

Thanks for all your comments fellas, its really appreciated.

Growing up in the car scene in Melbourne, it's quite a drastic change to Sydney. The blokes I have gotten to know in Melbourne focus mainly on things under the bonnet, however going to Autosalon in Sydney and seeing cars on the street its pretty clear that exteriors seem to get more attention. Not sure of the main reason for this, but it probably has something to do police and not having annual RWC for rego.

For those who live in the area, hopefully I catch you at one of the next NSW SAU days.

Yeah I know, and Victoria doesn't. I probably should have made my point a little clearer. I was trying to say people in Vic can make the exterior look stock and not draw too much attention, yet have a worked monster hiding underneath the bonnet and not have to worry about going back to stock for your annual RWC.

Hence the reason I'm going to register my car in Vic :(

Yeah I know, and Victoria doesn't. I probably should have made my point a little clearer. I was trying to say people in Vic can make the exterior look stock and not draw too much attention, yet have a worked monster hiding underneath the bonnet and not have to worry about going back to stock for your annual RWC.

Hence the reason I'm going to register my car in Vic ;)

you just haven't seen the propper cars, just some of the ricers running around :D

yes, annual pink slips are just to check your brakes work, your tires aren't bald, and your headlights and indicators work. mods barely come into it.

as for exterior mods, well autosalon is based in that kind of stuff.

personally i've owne a few performance cars and none of them have ever had any non-standard body work, or out there paint, but all were modified for more power. same story with all of my friends. :P