SAU Community

The Shire

PSI Parts

OK, well that's good news about the pink slips. I was wondering what the deal is. Just out of interest what is the price of a pink slip?

As for having an interstate rego, I'm not even sure what the go is for being booked. Whose emissions laws, speed laws and points system do I follow? I assume it's the state you are in, but not sure.

Do personalised plates get you much attention from cops in NSW? They are a magnet in VIC, but I'm still wanting to get some for the business car. Although paying every single year seems like a croc!!

OK, well that's good news about the pink slips. I was wondering what the deal is. Just out of interest what is the price of a pink slip?

As for having an interstate rego, I'm not even sure what the go is for being booked. Whose emissions laws, speed laws and points system do I follow? I assume it's the state you are in, but not sure.

Do personalised plates get you much attention from cops in NSW? They are a magnet in VIC, but I'm still wanting to get some for the business car. Although paying every single year seems like a croc!!

Going by my experience, pink slips usually cost me between $25 to $30 each year.

I think regarding mods, they have to comply with the regulations for the state the car is registered in. Probably the same for drivers' license infringements. Try the RTA website for more info, or give them a call.

Personalised plates on a modified car are a cop magnet here, but I think the same applies whichever part of Australia you go to. Paying ~$400 a year is a joke, for sure, and even though my plate fits into the normal format of three letters, two numbers and one letter (eg ABC-12-D), because I selected what was on the plate I pay an annual $90 fee above the normal cost of rego. How fu(ked is that - they treat it like you have to have the plate re-ordered and pressed each year?!?!?! :laugh: