SAU Community

Best Hotels For Tokyo Autosalon

RaceBorn

Can anyone make any suggestions for where would be the best place to stay if say you were to come to Tokyo a couple of days before TAS, and then leave a couple of days after?

Plan is, I will be going to TAS on the weekend, but also want to be somewhere where I can also visit a few workshops and parts shops as well.

Any help or suggestions you can give me would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! :O

Can anyone make any suggestions for where would be the best place to stay if say you were to come to Tokyo a couple of days before TAS, and then leave a couple of days after?

Plan is, I will be going to TAS on the weekend, but also want to be somewhere where I can also visit a few workshops and parts shops as well.

Any help or suggestions you can give me would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! :wave:

Unfortunately, the best shops (or at least the most famous ones) aren't all located in the same area. Some are located out in the sticks, while others may be in the city.

I'd say find a hotel that you can afford, near things you want to see or do (or at least in the same general region) before coming. If you want to be near TAS, then you'll want to stay somewhere in Chiba (like Makuhari, Tsudanuma, Chiba, or Funabashi). Otherwise, if you don't mind taking the train and would rather be in Tokyo, there are plenty of good spots all over the city. I've used business hotels in the past and they've been fairly good for what you pay.

Good luck!

just find a hotel very close to a station on a JR line. or try the new otani in makuhari if you want to be close to auto-salon. it's supposed to be very nice. but be aware that auto-salon (makuhari) is no where near tokyo city. it's about 1hr train ride.

You're all gonna laugh probably, but I got lazy and decided to stay in a great business hotel I stayed at last time near Roppongi. Thing is though, I am gonna be there for about a week (with the TAS weekend in the middle of my stay). And as you mentioned Beer Baron, it's a couple of mins walk to a train station. And I don't mind the trip to TAS, I think it's best to be staying in Tokyo so you can go out at night and do stuff.

Now, who's keen to go out for some food and drinks in Roppongi one night with me? :)

Edited by RaceBorn

You're all gonna laugh probably, but I got lazy and decided to stay in a great business hotel I stayed at last time near Roppongi. Thing is though, I am gonna be there for about a week (with the TAS weekend in the middle of my stay). And as you mentioned Beer Baron, it's a couple of mins walk to a train station. And I don't mind the trip to TAS, I think it's best to be staying in Tokyo so you can go out at night and do stuff.

Now, who's keen to go out for some food and drinks in Roppongi one night with me? :)

Get on the list: http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/in...howtopic=134543

Best is to stay in central Tokyo. It is easy enough to get to Nismo, TS, etc from there.

Always up for a night in Roppongi. :)

We are going from 10 to 18 of January.