SAU Community

Conversion from 4 Stud to 5 Stud Wheel Hub

• 2 weeks later...

Yep, I want to go to 5x114.3 on my r31 (aussie). I understand I'll need import front struts for the brake calipers, but I'm at aloss on brakes themselves? Can I run r32 type m calipers and front disks? What hubs? will the r32 ones fit? and then what about wheel offset-apart from clearance for calipers, will it change the offset, with the bigger discs, different hub assy etc? could I redrill R31 hubs? I would just be redrilling the rear flanges, dunno bout disks and calipers there though. Oh and what offset are R33 gts-t stock 16" rims, stock GT-R R32 rims, and gts-t r32 rims (but only being 6.5" I dunno if I want them)?

Mainly the fronts I'm worried about, anyone able to help?

cheers,

floody

• 2 weeks later...

Lambo,

I've just done the conversion to my R32 GTS25, you can buy the hubs complete, from SSS or Just Jap in Sydney... they are a straight forward swap over, the only problem is they cut the brake lines so I had to buy replacement lines for the rear, at $150... but you could get a locally made set of lines for about $60 if you didn't mind them not being perfect.

I swapped the diff over at the same time (to go to LSD) and the parts cost $2000 from SSS

That included:

4 x GTSt "Type M" Hubs

GTSt Viscous LSD

Half Shafts for new diff

If you didn't want the diff, it would cost btw $1000 - $1500

You're looking at about 6 hours labour to get it swapped over

I have just changed the rear diff internals and hubs driveshafts to gtr stuff on my gtst. So i have a 32 gtst diff viscus was not suited to 235rwkw but would be good for a gts and the driveshafts and hubs to suit. This will all bolt on to your gts and give you a 5 stud rear. Just need the rear disks and brake.

I want $350 for diff.driveshats and hubs.