SAU Community

What Would You Gtr Owners Do: Trust T517z Or Garrett 2860r?

JUN R33

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

BP ultimate is no problem When I made the jump into the 400RWHP I went with injectors. I put in 680cc HKS but it would probabley be a cheaper option to go with a similar size nismo as they will fit the original rail. It sounds like your combo is similar to mine. Originbal build RB26 , -5's, Power FC, dumps front pipe 3inch exhaust, cam gears, apexi filters, aftermarket FMIC. If it original build you may wish to consider how hard versus how long you want this thing to last. I made 450rwhp but backed it of to 430rwhp for the sake of longevity. Each application of the technology will produce different results on different platforms, add to that different tuners and its really a per application judgement on how far to go

I actually have a set of SARD 850cc's that I had lying around the house...

Do you think these are overkill for the state that the GTR is in at the moment?

I had big plans for my previous GTST which is why I have them and not sure what to do with them now..

Dont you have to sort out some "o" rings with those Richard???

Sard 700's are direct fit , you can use your old O rings ( a little tight but they will fit ), of course I would always use new ones , unless I changed them recently.

Sard 850's ( the twin spray ) are not direct fit , you will need different plugs .

Why would you want 850's or even 700's with stock turbos ? the 440's should be just fine with stock turbos .

I had stockk 440's on a 33 GTR that had Group A N1 turbos ( 1.2 bar boost) Ah and don't tell me she didn't haveany power , she was good for 11.7 1/4 mile and a trap speed of 121 mph!

all this talk about power with these turbos...

which of the turbos (t517z, GT-SS, 2860-7, 2860-5) would be the most responsive??

what exactily are each individual power ratings

GT-SS - 300ps or 320ps ??

2860-7 - 290ps or 310ps ??

im not chasing big power figures want as little lag as possible but still decent power upgrade from standard

prob dont want more than 300awkw

sorry for all the questions

RellikZephyr

i was just reading the Garrett website site

and it says that the 2860R-7 is quote... "OEM on Nissan RB26DETT used in Skyline R34 GT RN-1"

now i heard/knew nissan used garrett for their factory turbos

and is that saying that the 34 GTR N1 turbo and the 2860R-7 is one and the same?

EDIT: Anyone with 34 N1 Turbos, where is 1 Bar boost available on stock engine? 3500? 4000?

Thanks

RellikZephyr

Edited by RellikZephyr

If they arent "exactly" the same, then they are close enough :ninja:

Someone posts the specs in another thread of them all... i cant remember if they were 100% the, but yeah, if they werent, it wouldnt make much diff

GT-SS/-7s/R34N1's all make around the same power, all with similar response

and how is that response??

judging around 1 Bar of boost

where would that be available in the rev range??

just trying to get an idea

Thanks

RellikZephyr

That will depend on the engine that you have ( spec, condition , etc...) and the load. On my low K series II 34 in 4th gear i see max boost 91.1 bar) at 3800 rpm not much later than stockers.

I have GTSS turbos though.

• 3 weeks later...
I removed all the broken teeth from my box and have been driving -around with no 3rd. Looks like I have an OS box lined up.

I have recieved my FC-Datalogic so been doing some tunning. No idea on power levels, however boost response is insane and dataloging indicates faster accel between 1st and second with 1.4bar.

anymore results with the turbos mate..

• 1 month later...
You using an Excedy Solid Centred Twin? That seems to be a regular common link with busted R32/R33 gearboxes....

I've f*ked two gtr gearboxes using an exedy twin plate clutch