SAU Community

Serious Help Needed

Shoudi

Hi Guys

I have an R33 GTST and it is haven some major problems lately.I Installed the Apexi Power FC Last night and I want to take it to get dynoed and tuned but the car is running like shit. It will hunt around every now and then, It surges really bad, it feels like the engine dies and when you accelerate only the turbo opens up and the engine makes a dull machine gun sound and jerks really bad. The RPMS also drop while you accelerate and then the engine kicks back in or sometimes it will drop way down until it stalls itself. For some reason it happens on and off and I'm starting to get worried as the episodes last a minute or two and at the moment it's to hard to drive and it will happen on straights or corners just out of the blue. I was thinking it needs a new fuel pump or it's not getting enough fuel. The car will also only half accelerate, you accelerate but it's like it will hold back.I have also tried resetting the ECU and doing the Idle test. I'm running out of ideas and these episodes started last week before the ECU was put in. What is is? Please help I want my baby to run again

3" cat-back kakikomoto exhaust

Splitfire Di Ignition Coils

Hybrid Intercooler

HKS Pod Filter

Blitz Boost Gauge and Full Turbo timer

Apexi Power FC + HC

sounds like dieing fuel pump to me.

What pump should I use. Is the Bosch 044 any good? I've read alot of highly modified cars use them. Also how amny is to many or not enough? I've seen some with 2 or 3. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

What pump should I use. Is the Bosch 044 any good? I've read alot of highly modified cars use them. Also how amny is to many or not enough? I've seen some with 2 or 3. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

With your current modifications

stick to a 040 in-tank it will support 500hp and costs about $190.

An 044 is external and will cost more to connect.

PS. Before you fire up the engine can you hear

the pump priming?

With your current modifications

stick to a 040 in-tank it will support 500hp and costs about $190.

An 044 is external and will cost more to connect.

PS. Before you fire up the engine can you hear

the pump priming?

Yeah you can for a second or two sometimes

Edited by Shoudi

Make sure that when you connected the pfc that the bolt holding the wiring connector on the PFC is done all the way up.

Also check the earth connection between the ecu and the body.

Edited by jonn

have you changed any settings? AFM for example

It sounds like the symptoms I had when I selected the wrong AFM on the HC

No settings have been changed except the boost controller kit is off.

my reasoning is...

car works fine

something is changed

car runs like shit

...therefore, the reason the car runs like shit is directly related to what you changed

have you tried putting the stock ECU back in to see how it runs?

my bet is the powerFC not connected properly..

good luck

Warren.

I had an intermittant problem similar a while ago. Car would stall (almost), then run fine, then be shit again for no reason. Changed everything from AFM's to pump to CAS to wiring etc. Turned out to be the connection on the top of the PFC. Because of the centre bolt, the outer pins would lose contact as the plug rocked back and forward. Put large zip ties around the ends of the PFC and plug. See if it helps.

It was acting like this exactly 4 days before installing the PFC. I wnet through the half hour idle set up and only a little bit of black smoke comes out but when it plays up a shit load does. It had same problems a week ago with the stock ECU.

these episodes started last week before the ECU was put in.

so I assume it's prob not the pfc entirely, although the symptoms may have changed a little due to the pfc settings. it sounds like an AFM to me but I don't know what the machine gun sounds are from. if it was making them only after the pfc it might be the ignition settings. either way just go back to the stock ecu and start diagnosis from there at least you have a known start point. use the self diagnostics to see if it's a sensor fault.