SAU Community

R34 Gtt V Xr6t

toby19

You dont really need an aussie car at all. You need 2 jap cars. A 1HZ 80Series Landcruiser to get dirty in the bush, and a Skyline to get dirty in the city. This is Skylines Australia yeah? Thats why there are so many Skyline Fan boys...

Its like walking into a Brothel and trying to teach religion. It aint going to happen :laugh::O:D

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

for 1 thing lets look at "simple" mods or "stage 1" mods and thier outcomes for both cars, "power mods" forget handling we already know that outcome.

xr6t, can run 8psi on 4lt's with a bloody ecu edit and in the series 1's must have the traction control turned off and walla, your @ 300rwkw's ++, no need to change exhuast system though some extra power "could" be found there certainly. with an injector upgr and depending on what your chaseing maybe a fuel pump your significantly over that.... power wise that is un friging believeable.

wonder if the ford t would fit my line >>>> jokes

but seriously that is big power an torque, they (ford) detuned thier turbo's to keep the v8 faster but its not very difficult to monster that, void warranty and get an ecu edit which are common as AND cheap as.

80rwkw's with a frign ecu edit is some seriously unrealised power gains... though a fmic swap couldnt hurt thier stockies are punny shite

:laugh: Someone has been telling you fibs

Remove intake restriction, exhaust, bigger cooler, injectors, ecu and modify the wastegate to run 10-12psi and then you will make 300rwkw safely...

Check this XR6 Turbo drift a round about twice..

XR6 Turbo will OWN YOU!!!

I own a R33 Skyline and a EL Falcon as a everyday car.. The torque i have on my EL is just fkn amazing, even though its stock as a rock.. I cant feel that torque on my R33 GTST

Edited by Janissary

They are good cars, easy to make power and cheap too. However they do weigh too much.

But for what its worth, I would choose an R34 over any BA or even BF. Lines have better build quality, more reliable, and unique... I see 10000000s BA-BF falcons everyday.

I have a Subary Liberty that has 290K on the clock and cops more abuse than Germain Greer but it is a piece of crap... Seen one same year 1989 with 680k on the stock engine.

Most taxis go around the clock too and Ill bet in Japan the Jap taxis do the same. Running RB series engines. In Nissan Skylines. So im pretty sure that it is a damn reliable engine.

Nothing like a lada niva :)

whyy cant people appreciate more than 1 car type without bagging the others???

f**k i'd prefer plenty of different types of cars, stop making it like the holden vs ford shit i hear soo often.

different horses for different courses :P

Good post. They are different. Nothing wrong with being able to appreciate all sorts of different things. I have had a plethora of different types of cars. Some are better than others in some areas, some in others. Who cares, if you close your mind you miss out. :)

Read this and weep

"" Among all the recent developments at Herrod Motorsport, some spare time was found and we've been working hard on a few performance upgrades for the Ford Typhoons.

This package is one that has been designed exclusivly for the Typhoon/Tornado vehicles.

With the fitment of our Herrod Turbo engine pipe, cat back stainless exhaust, BMC Filter, new spark plugs, bigger injectors, a hi-flow fuel pump and a Stealth tune box, we have been able to lift the power up from the stock 205rwkw to 288rwkw. This equates to 380kw at the flywheel, which gives the car a lot better acceleration figures and better overtaking at highway speeds.

The price for this total package, including a custom tune, is $5500.00. "

http://www.herrodmotorsport.com.au/home.asp

All this from stock intercooler... ofcourse all this is done in a workshop, get the parts and do them your self. shouldnt't cost you more than 3k to gain 90rwkw

lol yes did u read what i wrote butthead!

i wrote that only an ecu edit and 300rwkw = bullshit and what u just wrote proved it .... maybe u should learn to read before making bold statements...lol

and i know of 2 cars that came out of autotech still with warranty as they both had 300rwkw's and the gearboxes shat themselves....and guess what .... ford replaced them for free...

and now your telling me to read the ford forum..pppfftt i dont need to read the ford forum as i was there and watched it all happen....

as i said maybe u shouldnt follow the forum like a bible and do some research ...ask around

What I dont get is.

Why are they doing a side-by-side with a nissan GTT made in 1998 next to a ford XR6 made in 2005ish?

Seven, is a lot of years in terms of engine development and aside from the fact theyre both RWD and have turbos, its at about this point we're just really talking shit when it comes to comparisons :)

What I dont get is.

Why are they doing a side-by-side with a nissan GTT made in 1998 next to a ford XR6 made in 2005ish?

Seven, is a lot of years in terms of engine development and aside from the fact theyre both RWD and have turbos, its at about this point we're just really talking shit when it comes to comparisons :)

The first Xr6T came out in 2002. BF came out in 2005.

Other thing is, a 1998 GTT still looks sooo much nicer than a 2002 XR6T.

After 8 years the Skyline is still more attractive than the XR6. How old did that XR6T look in the video?

I think that is where the problem lies with Ford and Holden, they bring out new models so often that your pride and joy is simply outdated within a year when the new model comes out. Skylines have been lucky, theres at least 5 years or more between them.

Remove intake restriction, exhaust, bigger cooler, injectors, ecu and modify the wastegate to run 10-12psi and then you will make 300rwkw safely...

i was under the impression they had 3" flat channel type piping sotck...

otherwise you repeated what i did, admitedly my english teacher proably rolled over in that cold grave but meh,

i wrote that only an ecu edit and 300rwkw = bullshit and what u just wrote proved it .... maybe u should learn to read before making bold statements...lol

and i know of 2 cars that came out of autotech still with warranty as they both had 300rwkw's and the gearboxes shat themselves....and guess what .... ford replaced them for free...

and now your telling me to read the ford forum..pppfftt i dont need to read the ford forum as i was there and watched it all happen....

as i said maybe u shouldnt follow the forum like a bible and do some research ...ask around

2 things bud, first part of my post said assuming stage 1 power mods....

i did mention intake (ic not airbox admitedly), injectors (or high flow depnds on your machinist), ecu edit, didnt mention exhuast as i was under the impression it had a failry wide exhuast stock.

2nd, ford had a recall on series 1 ba's due to a problem with thier automatic boxs also for some oil seals and other stuff, also a part of this gb problem was if they detected you had performed an ecu edit some dealer ships would simply revert it to stock and replace but MOST would deny the warranty claim as the issue arose from too much torque / power through the stock box WITH TRACTION CONTROL TURNED ON which is what screwed a shitload of them.

3, your a frign tosser keyboard warrior eh?

go read the ford forums and look @ the dyno sheets etc just like the man said before you yap eh?

they swap out a free'er flowing front mount, run 8psi to redline or swap out injectors fuel pump and run 10 psi to redline, without swapping injectors/high flowing they cant run over 5k rpm.

none had mentioned the frign exhuast so hey i made a mistake. thanks for the correction bud admitedly my mates xr6t runs 8psi on what I thought was stock exhuast...... im gona go ask him specifics

stage 1 mods on a line typically means what you can easily achieve with bolt ons yea ?

ecu edit only ... hmm maybe my shit house sentences mislead you an prolly others aye ? stil, refer point 3

The skyline has a much better body than the ford but the ford has a much better engine than the skyline.

In a perfect world, the skyline would have the 4.0l Typhoon engine pumping out 550nm at 2000rpm stock. With a just few grand of light mods you would have more than enough grunt to make a R34 Nismo Z-tune cry!

Edited by R34 Rampage

i was under the impression they had 3" flat channel type piping sotck...

otherwise you repeated what i did, admitedly my english teacher proably rolled over in that cold grave but meh,

2 things bud, first part of my post said assuming stage 1 power mods....

i did mention intake (ic not airbox admitedly), injectors (or high flow depnds on your machinist), ecu edit, didnt mention exhuast as i was under the impression it had a failry wide exhuast stock.

2nd, ford had a recall on series 1 ba's due to a problem with thier automatic boxs also for some oil seals and other stuff, also a part of this gb problem was if they detected you had performed an ecu edit some dealer ships would simply revert it to stock and replace but MOST would deny the warranty claim as the issue arose from too much torque / power through the stock box WITH TRACTION CONTROL TURNED ON which is what screwed a shitload of them.

3, your a frign tosser keyboard warrior eh?

go read the ford forums and look @ the dyno sheets etc just like the man said before you yap eh?

they swap out a free'er flowing front mount, run 8psi to redline or swap out injectors fuel pump and run 10 psi to redline, without swapping injectors/high flowing they cant run over 5k rpm.

none had mentioned the frign exhuast so hey i made a mistake. thanks for the correction bud admitedly my mates xr6t runs 8psi on what I thought was stock exhuast...... im gona go ask him specifics

stage 1 mods on a line typically means what you can easily achieve with bolt ons yea ?

ecu edit only ... hmm maybe my shit house sentences mislead you an prolly others aye ? stil, refer point 3

god i luv this forum ... keyboard warrior ..hahaha i luv it if that the best u can do im disappointed..

cheers u made me smile today ..YAY!

Make a Z-tune cry?? 2.8L nismo engine... bahaha i don't think the 300rwkw ford motor would make the Z-tune cry in a straight line or god forbid a track dude. But you can't really compaire that! Ive seen the stock 34 vs stock 300kw HSV and the GTR creamed it in every single way, handling, brakes, dyno, 1/4 mile and freeway runs. Add an exhaust to both cars and it got even worse for the HSV! Anyway on topic...

I think the video is pretty much spot on, although i disagree with the handling/brake comments, ive been in both stock and the xr6 turbo body rolls a fair bit and doesn't have that great of brakes, the skylines standard suspension is ok but brakes are pretty decent standard. If you want a car to modify then modify the sports car not the family car is the main point!

Mention looks and its game over for the ford... lol