SAU Community

R34 Gtt V Xr6t

toby19

Make a Z-tune cry?? 2.8L nismo engine... bahaha i don't think the 300rwkw ford motor would make the Z-tune cry in a straight line or god forbid a track dude. But you can't really compaire that! Ive seen the stock 34 vs stock 300kw HSV and the GTR creamed it in every single way, handling, brakes, dyno, 1/4 mile and freeway runs. Add an exhaust to both cars and it got even worse for the HSV! Anyway on topic...

I think the video is pretty much spot on, although i disagree with the handling/brake comments, ive been in both stock and the xr6 turbo body rolls a fair bit and doesn't have that great of brakes, the skylines standard suspension is ok but brakes are pretty decent standard. If you want a car to modify then modify the sports car not the family car is the main point!

Mention looks and its game over for the ford... lol

spot on mate

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Meh, if Nissan released a 4.0 litre straight six with the specs listed for the XR6T, you'd all be off for private moments in your bedrooms. When you get old enough to have kids, I know which car you'll end up buying, and it won't be the Skyline. I also own a Territory as a family bus, along with the R34. It's just horses for courses.

Edited by vrfour

agreed above,

maybe the kb warrior part was wrong eh, maybe you know what your on about and you just couldnt red what i was saying... i know this guy how, i dont exactly.

I bought a skyline over any other car i could afforf, the the ford 6t included, i respect the engy that they made, yep nissan would probably have been better if they produced an engy to taht spec but they dont do that anymore that i am aware of. either way, the only point i was trying to make was that you could get rediculous power figures with stuff all mods, mostly due to capacity eh, either way point being less extractors the engy is fun even if it is in a heavier boat.

moving on

post hore + 1

engy to taht spec

What on earth is an engy? engine?

My oldest brother has an XR6 Turbo, and

only point i was trying to make was that you could get rediculous power figures with stuff all mods

that is so true... enalrged wastegate flap, larger fmic, injectors and exhaust and you got yourself 350kW @ wheels with a CAPA Flash Tune! Seriously potent "engys" these XR's have

Interesting thread and a lot of biased opinions as you would expect.

Driven a few stock XR6-T BA and BF

Driven a lightly modded f6 Typhoon (been informed 315kw fly wheel, felt like a lot more to me)

Driven a few stock GTS-T and GTT's

Own a very lightly modded R33 GTR (been informed 240rwkw, yet to test)

From the cars I've driven above

For comfort & features etc the Falcon’s wins hand down

For looks the skyline wins hands down

For straight line speed:

4th Skyline Turbo

3rd XR6T

2nd GTR

1st F6 Typhoon

GTR has a great start and it would be very close but the pure power and torque on the F6 catches up very fast. The longer the distance the better the F6's chances.

Handling

4th XR6T

3rd Skyline Turbo

2nd F6 Typhoon (though only the ability to get the power down)

1st GTR by miles

$2000 for 300kw at the fly wheel in the XR6-T is a great mod and blows most skylines away. The XR6T is newer and it has cubes, but limited finess.

If I could I'd mount the Falcon's engine in my GTR, I've got the ability to utilise that torque and take a corner. I hope to be able to pitch my GTR against my mates F6 in the track. At that time I’ll probably wish I paid as much as he did for his tyres.

As has been said, unless you are pumping 250+ fly wheel kw’s from your GTS-T/GTT, don't straight line drag a XR6T.

For straight line speed:

4th Skyline Turbo

3rd XR6T

As has been said, unless you are pumping 250+ fly wheel kw’s from your GTS-T/GTT, don't straight line drag a XR6T.

Very interesting thread indeed. I thought i'd test the theory out with a mate's XR6T the other day. Straight line, just giving it a bit of a poke on an open road... didn't exceed the 110km limit.

Now he's is a dead stocker XR6T, mine just an exhaust/filter and that's about all.... haven't dynoed it in it's current tune. The XR6T was slower off the line, and did manage to pull up a little but couldn't quite catch the GTT. So that was quite enlightening, as i was thinking i'd be whipped. It's close no doubt... perhaps a true quarter mile drag could prove otherwise.

Very interesting thread indeed. I thought i'd test the theory out with a mate's XR6T the other day. Straight line, just giving it a bit of a poke on an open road... didn't exceed the 110km limit.

Now he's is a dead stocker XR6T, mine just an exhaust/filter and that's about all.... haven't dynoed it in it's current tune. The XR6T was slower off the line, and did manage to pull up a little but couldn't quite catch the GTT. So that was quite enlightening, as i was thinking i'd be whipped. It's close no doubt... perhaps a true quarter mile drag could prove otherwise.

Yes this would be consistant with what I experianced, the exaust/filter would help hold off the XR6T for a while.

The wipping will happen from the lightly modified XR6T, which many people are doing and can't been externally seen. 240kw to 300+kw for around $2000 and highly reliable. Then add an exhaust and intercooler and they are deadly (in a straight line).

Interesting thread and a lot of biased opinions as you would expect.

Driven a few stock XR6-T BA and BF

Driven a lightly modded f6 Typhoon (been informed 315kw fly wheel, felt like a lot more to me)

Driven a few stock GTS-T and GTT's

Own a very lightly modded R33 GTR (been informed 240rwkw, yet to test)

From the cars I've driven above

For comfort & features etc the Falcon’s wins hand down

For looks the skyline wins hands down

For straight line speed:

4th Skyline Turbo

3rd XR6T

2nd GTR

1st F6 Typhoon

GTR has a great start and it would be very close but the pure power and torque on the F6 catches up very fast. The longer the distance the better the F6's chances.

Handling

4th XR6T

3rd Skyline Turbo

2nd F6 Typhoon (though only the ability to get the power down)

1st GTR by miles

$2000 for 300kw at the fly wheel in the XR6-T is a great mod and blows most skylines away. The XR6T is newer and it has cubes, but limited finess.

If I could I'd mount the Falcon's engine in my GTR, I've got the ability to utilise that torque and take a corner. I hope to be able to pitch my GTR against my mates F6 in the track. At that time I’ll probably wish I paid as much as he did for his tyres.

Well said....

When I was looking for a 4 door Saloon 12 months ago a GTT Sedan was on my list, along with the XR6t, VYSS , Accord Euro etc...

XR6t for my money won hands down..... and a auto one at that! A few mild mods later & the thing is a straight line weapon.....

yes, but wait untill the fuel consumption gets to you, i know a friend, whos brother has one, and seriously consider trading an XR6T for WRX STi, because of this. in everyday situation, a skyline GTT would be better, its lighter and nimble, better for every weekender. It drinks roughly 17ltrs per 100km from what he told me.

I find it funny when people come on here create fake profiles just for the sake of nissan skyline bashing. It is a skyline forum after all so if you think fords are better then go and post in the ford forum. Im quite fortunate to own a 2005 Ford xr6t ute for work and a R33 skyline for other times. I love both cars they both have there benefits and draw backs. As a car enthusiast aslong as im happy with what I drive then its all that matters. This thread is turning into a penis measuring competition grow up!!

ppl who were saying that the ford XR6T is just a family car, if u know anything the skylines chassis is designed from a 4 door version, and always has been. through out every model. so if u think u are sportier in a 2 door u mite wanna think again.

The skyline chassis from R32-34 was based on the GTR, which is was built with racing in mind... so you may want to think again?

Ive seen a comparison on the run the and the 34 GTR munched the Typhoon and the 300kw HSV. Put them on a track, 1/4 mile and on the brakes and its even more of a joke.

Saying that the typhoon is still pretty damn quick once lightly mod'd in a straight line!

Edited by jazza08

The skyline chassis from R32-34 was based on the GTR, which is was built with racing in mind... so you may want to think again?

Ive seen a comparison on the run the and the 34 GTR munched the Typhoon and the 300kw HSV. Put them on a track, 1/4 mile and on the brakes and its even more of a joke.

Saying that the typhoon is still pretty damn quick once lightly mod'd in a straight line!

:P yeah thats why the GTR is always the last model to be released in the skyline model range isnt it bcoz it was based on the GTR Uh HUH! :(

Well you look at the similarities between the gtr suspension/chassis and gt-t and go figure... some of the parts are even interchangable... yet your saying the gt-t is based on a family car. You think that Nissan spent time setting up the family car chassis then gtr chassis 1 month later and they are completely different?

Not goin to bother postin again gangsta, ur welcome to ur opinion

Edited by jazza08

Anyway, i know my next car will be a XR6T :D

As for the weight of a XR6T, its only 100kg more and infact GTR weighs a little more than a XR6T

s15 200sx = 1200

R34 GT-T = 1450-1500

BA XR6T = 1600

R34 GTR = 1600

Most of you guys have never even driven a fairly new EL or AU or BA with a healthy engine, you dont understand pulling power of this engine Ford has, its just unbelievable.. amazing torque!

Edited by Janissary