R34 Gtt V Xr6t

toby19

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyway, i know my next car will be a XR6T :D

I'm the same.

Assuming that I don't win the lottery and can afford an Audi RS6, if I need to buy a family car on a sensible budget chances are it'd be a ZF-geared XR6T. I'd probably do some very light-tune powertrain mods to it, swaybars and rims, and a small stereo install (multimedia head unit, replacing speakers in the factory locations, a single sub).

i will give it to Ford ... nicely taken all the tec form nissan and added a few more qubes .... please dont tell me the V6 in the new GTR is the answer to all the catching tec ... E$njoy your ERA gang ... its oVA

yeah well they need to do something about this ... noit just assume there old name will carri them .... I dont think they can make an engine as good as the RB again unless they get there head out of there I am so good ARSE of the 90's

i will give it to Ford ... nicely taken all the tec form nissan and added a few more qubes .... please dont tell me the V6 in the new GTR is the answer to all the catching tec ... E$njoy your ERA gang ... its oVA

Ford has been producing the inline six's ever since when Nissan didn't exist back then.. Ford simply didn't add more cubes, they have always been there since 70's :D

Come on people, whats this hostility against Ford.. Falcon is an 100% Australian engineered car from its engine to body and design etc. 100% of its parts made in Australia. Get behind and support something your country produces!

Edited by Janissary

lol sure ... I looked at a TYphoon that they couldnt even get the paint right on ... PASS

we didnt say the cube's were copied ... the TEC dumbass

What tech?

Double Over Head Cams? These were invented some 90 years ago by an Italian Auto comp. Fiat

VCT? I believe these are German creation.. was first seen on Merc, Bmw etc..

Turbo? German cars had Turbo chargers way before Japanese cars and.. not to mention Turbo chargers are actually a German invention.

Edited by Janissary

yeah well they need to do something about this ... noit just assume there old name will carri them .... I dont think they can make an engine as good as the RB again

The VQ block is, from a technical standpoint, even better than the RB. Its lighter and more compact due to its construction and design. It also flows a lot better.

The biggest thing holding it back is time. The RB is now a well-known quantity, whereas the VQ didn't really appear in an internationally recognised sports car until late 2002.

The Typhoon is quoted at 1776kgs, the xr6t is 1684kgs, while the 34 GTR is 1540kgs and the gt-t only around 1410kgs. So not sure where you got your figures from.. a quick search on the net will proove them to be wrong. The video also prooves light mods on both car's improves the gt-t more than the tpyhoon and thats just due to weight, you can't expect a 4 door family sedan to go that well around a track with light mods! But nobody can deny the ford can be powered up for straightline duties very easily so for a cruiser/family car it does the job well

Edited by jazza08

The Typhoon is quoted at 1776kgs, the xr6t is 1684kgs, while the 34 GTR is 1540kgs and the gt-t only around 1410kgs. So not sure where you got your figures from.. a quick search on the net will proove them to be wrong. The video also prooves light mods on both car's improves the gt-t more than the tpyhoon and thats just due to weight, you can't expect a 4 door family sedan to go that well around a track with light mods! But nobody can deny the ford can be powered up for straightline duties very easily so for a cruiser/family car it does the job well

Ignoramus strikes again... :D

I've personally taken the XR6T for a cruise on hard curves, twists on high speeds.. the car handles amazing, in some areas better than my R33 GTST. This could be coz of xr6t suspension setup, so dont be a fool and say its only good for straight line :P

Just stick to your crappy R32!!

And who refined them ? to kic all ASS .. go away ... blue oval man

The most elegant turbocharger systems are variable vane, which while experimented with by the Japanese are still the sole domain of the European diesel cars, and now the 997 Turbo.

The best variable valve timing / lift setup is Ferrari's, with the 3D camshaft lobe for almost infinite adjustability of duration and lift.

So, it appears to be the Europeans for the examples given before.

Then in terms of the highest revving production car engine that belongs to a Japanese company, but its not Nissan. Same with the most advanced drivetrain - the Evo's AYC / ACD setup shits all over the ATTESSA in terms of technology and advancement.

Actually the turbo was reputed to be invented by a swiss person! Not german and not [as far as I could find] in Germany.

"The turbocharger is actually already an old hat. Alfred Büchi, a Swiss engineer from Winterthur, invented the turbocharger and registered his invention approx. 1905 to the patent.Büchi had noticed that conventional burning engines have an extremely bad degree of effectiveness. (while it was to convert a third of the energy brought in as fuel in movement max. the remains disappeared approximate ever with the half) about cooling and exhaust fumes unused "to the open".

A - My old 32 was set up with coilies/whiteline gear and with 300rwhp handed typhoons there ass on a plate. Around a track was even easier and guess what, ive actually gone around tracks before where its legal to do these 'high speed curves' etc on :D

B - Go have a search around, the figures were sh*t and you know it?

C - I now own an R34 Gt-t

Im glad you think the xr6t handles amazing, for stock its OK but i have no idea how you can call it great. A stock r33/34 isn't amazing either but firm up the ride abit more and it changes the car alot. So you stick to your crappy R33 champ!

Ill give you one thing your a great keyboard warrior thats fo sure :P

The Typhoon is quoted at 1776kgs, the xr6t is 1684kgs, while the 34 GTR is 1540kgs and the gt-t only around 1410kgs.

The video also prooves light mods on both car's improves the gt-t more than the tpyhoon and thats just due to weight, you can't expect a 4 door family sedan to go that well around a track with light mods!

Finally someone that can read basic specs! Though I've seen quite a number of varying weights for the Ford around the place.

I wouldn't totally agree that GT-T benefits from light mods more than the Typhoon (wasn't it just a modified XR6T they tested against?). Yes weight is a real killer but having sampled some of the better typhoon mods they certainly are impressive. Skyline is still a family car.

If you think the XR6T can't handle come join the track day at Wakefield that fordclub is organising and find out.

I am going from the stock examples i have been in... if they are modified i couldn't really comment suspenion wise! Everyone knows they go fkn hard in a straightline with small amounts of mods. Mate of mine has done a 12 second pass with only a tune and some small bits! Typhoon's seem to handle slightly better even though they are heavier? Although ive never sat in a Typhoon. Its simple logic that somethin that weighs more is goin to be harder to direct around corners than something that weighs less (ie why does the mx5 handle so well, balanced car that weighs fark all). Everyone knows suspension comes into play of course though and stock isn't very good on many car's ive been in.

Edited by jazza08

I am going from the stock examples i have been in... if they are modified i couldn't really comment suspenion wise! Everyone knows they go fkn hard in a straightline with small amounts of mods. Mate of mine has done a 12 second pass with only a tune and some small bits! Typhoon's seem to handle slightly better even though they are heavier? Although ive never sat in a Typhoon. Its simple logic that somethin that weighs more is goin to be harder to direct around corners than something that weighs less (ie why does the mx5 handle so well, balanced car that weighs fark all). Everyone knows suspension comes into play of course though and stock isn't very good on many car's ive been in.

No entirely true..

Some Mercs weigh 2tons and still manage to get 13seconds with great handling..

You simply cannot compare a 180 cubic inch 2.5 RB25DET to a 250 cubic inch 4.0 in-line six.. Not only XR6T's Garret Turbos are actually twice the size of a RB25DET's turbo but also have amazing pulling power even before the turbo kicks.. You plant your foot down on aXR6T's six, it pulls you back with a big g-force without the turbo kickin' in.. You plant your foot down a RB25DET, no g-force untill the turbo kicks in... FKN SHIT TORQUE ON NISSAN.

Not to mention you can actually get into 11 seconds mark with XR6T's stock turbo, where as your and my RB25DET's need a bigger turbo upgrade if we want to get into 12's.

Edited by Janissary

The olds XR6 handles well, really well. No idea how you can claim otherwise.

Never taken a skyline on twisties though so no idea how it compares.

Anyway, if I wasn't getting a skyline I'd get some American Muscle - Plymouth Barracudas all the way for me. Yep, off topic. I don't care.