SAU Community

C210 Gtr

NISMO

Why does this always happen.

Just when i was getting into the C210, i find a C110 at a very good price, and which would cost me less to finish than th C210.

C110 already has - wheel flares, boot spoiler, it's a manual, and the body is arguably in better condition. It's also black which would mean much less cost for a respray. Wont have to do inside doors etc.

Damn! Any opinions? the C110 or C210. I'm thinking restore the C110, keep the C210 for a daily.

C110 already has - wheel flares, boot spoiler, it's a manual, and the body is arguably in better condition. It's also black which would mean much less cost for a respray. Wont have to do inside doors etc.

Damn! Any opinions? the C110 or C210. I'm thinking restore the C110, keep the C210 for a daily.

If it's this one

http://carpoint.com.au/used-car/DATS...s/2252865.aspx

I'd do some careful checking with Motor Registration & maybe police before commiting to anything.

A member of Classic Zcar Club > CAR FORUMS > Datsun 240K has mentioned that he couldn't find either the Nissan body plate or the ADR plate even after searching through the boxes of bits.

Just might be nearly impossible to register in NSW!

Thanks mate,

spoke with the guy your referring too this morning, and based on his opinion I will be staying away.

Besides from the whole compliance issue, that car is in much worse condition than what is made out in the add.

Cool, now on with the C210 and no more getting side tracked!

Just picked up a set of the early 240z twin carbs with manifold this morning. coming from queensland but not sure of the condition. Only $100 including delivery so not to fussed if not the best. I'll see what it'll cost to fix them, otherwise if in good nick they go straight on.

Edited by NISMO

Hi again,

Got another question. I should be able to get my hands on an L28 from a 280z, but prob is I'm not sure exactly what condition it's in. The car it came from was a 260z which had an electrical prob, so it wouldn't start. The good news, is that it's come from a Z enthusiast who went to the trouble of swapping it into the car, and put the 240z carbs on it. It was also cranking over fine, just wouldn't fire.

Even if the motor is fine, I was thinking of doing the basics such as rings and bearings anyway.

Do I risk it?

Worse case scenario, what am i looking at to rebuild the thing?

Thanks

It was also cranking over fine, just wouldn't fire.

If it's still in a car, hotwire it! Disconnect wiring from coil +ve, wire direct from battery +ve to igition coil +ve, leave the ignition coil -ve wiring as is and crank it over. Should fire right up. Just disconnect battery +ve to stop.

Even if the motor is fine, I was thinking of doing the basics such as rings and bearings anyway.

Do I risk it?

Worse case scenario, what am i looking at to rebuild the thing?

Hard to pin down! If bores are good, so that at most a small ridge has to be removed and pistons can be re-used I've done it for less than $500.

btw, which city are you in?

Not too much to tell.

Having trouble finding an L26/L28 in sydney so, might se what the L24's got left in her. Going tomorrow to pick up electronic ignition.

So, not much progress, but progress none the less :-)

Cheers

Bobby

Have you tried contacting Sportsclasic Cars at Castlereigh (near Penrith)

www.sportsclassic.com.au

I'm pretty sure he'll have some to choose from, last time I was there he had a nice mildly worked injected L28...

Edited by frogman

Thanks frogman,

hadn't come across them in my searching. Will call them tomorrow.

aarc240,

the engine is out of the car. So can't really do much.

I'm also in sydney, and the engine is in Nth Qld.