SAU Community

Moving To Adelaide

kralster

Hello everyone,

As some of you know I now work in Mile End and still live in Victor Harbor.

But a mate from victor has got a transfer with work up to town. He works at Castle Plaza. So our jobs are fairly close to each others. And we are thinking of getting a place together as it's better than driving 800 km a week.

Just wondering if anyone has any good places to recommend or suburbs. I know squat about adelaide.

I would prefer to be within walking or riding distance of where i work.

Looking at around the 200 dollar a week mark. So 100 bucks each.

Even if you know a real estate agent that would be willing to show us some places that would be good.

Looking at doing it in January.

Thanks.

I now work in Mile End

He works at Castle Plaza.

I would prefer to be within walking or riding distance of where i work.

Looking at around the 200 dollar a week mark. So 100 bucks each.

Thanks.

try Richmond, Melroses Park black forrest and Daw park

Ascot Park, Edwardstown, St. Mary is close to his work but not the best area

rostrevor, athelstone, campbelltown area, firle, etc.

if i have to go the eastern suburb

I will live around burnside, max up to firle

any further north is only average surburb, not worth the travel (20mins)

yeh i live off montacute road..(rostrevor) pretty chilled suburb man, shit neva happens here, quite alot of drags up montacute thought from the forest ave lights, if u see a grey skyline represeting its me. haha most likely dragging a commodore

same dude, yeah rostrevors cool, not too far away from the city (10-11min drive to centre no traffic & 18-20mins during morning peak hour) and the best way to make your way to either old norton summit or montacute road cruises to have a bit of fun or a relaxing drive in the car.

Thanks for the replys peeps.

We are going to go to a real estate agent after work one day next week.

I'm getting a bit excited. I know i will miss being at home for a while but will be nice having to look after myself.

Good luck mate

Perhaps look into the Plympton area - close to Mile End and Edwardstown, near the tram line etc. Close to town and Glenelg, Anzac Hwy area.

Lol, I moved out when I was 17 and have never looked back. Rented for a little while down the 'bay prior to buying a small home. Hahaha, god that brings back memories, the crazy trippn midnight triathalon we had was a classic ! :(

I live in South Plympton. Got Castle Plaza about 5 min drive away. tram a 2 min walk from my house. train about 10 - 15min walk.

My g/f has just signed the papers for a place in glandore. About 45 sec drive from my place now. she is paying $120 a week for her place.

If your looking at something with public transport to and from the city i live in the middle of everything really.

Just a few suggestions