SAU Community

Moving To Adelaide

kralster

Well i still have no luck.

One of the biggest problems is my mate does not want to spend more than 100 dollars a week each on rent.

And there is really nothing avalible for less than 250.

And i would also want a place that is resonably nice. As i plan to spend a fair bit of time there.

Hate to break it to you, my home at Morphett Vale has been "valued" to take in $230+ pw in rent.

Id say settle for a $250 close-to-the-city home with your mate, or, find another mate !

You'll definitely need to pay $250, Deluxe and I pay more than that for a place on half a block in Parkside (Unley).

Even when you find a place you do like, good luck on a successful applications, with rental vacancies so low it's so damn competitive, and 2 young blokes as tenants aint real attractive to a lot of landlords.

Yeah i know,

But i have a good full time job (even have business cards killa)

no debt whatsoever well except a mobile phone.

Hmm i could just stay at home and use all my money for a new car or motorbike.

Is your new place completed now chops?

Hmm i'm going to tell my mate we are going to need to spend more money cos it's just not going to happen on 200 bucks a week.

Crazy world we live in.

It's amazing how much money you need to live nowdays.

Well i've been doing a bit of thinking and i'm not so sure if i want to move.

I think i would rather save money and then try to buy a house.

Now i need to tell my friend this. So any suggestions would be great.

Just tell him that the money he wants to pay won't be enough to get anywhere decent and he either has to fork out more cash per week and you both DO mover down here, or you just say NAH can't do it anymore, will just hack living down here(bieng victor) for longer! BUT the sooner you tell him the better it will be for him!

Just my opinion anyways!

Yeah also he wants me to pay the whole bond as he has no money really at the moment.

I'm just worried cos hes gonna have no where to live for a while. But i don't want to feel i have to move.

Sounds like more trouble than it's worth, and you've gotta look after yourself first and foremost, the sooner you let him know the sooner he can make other arrangements.

lol my mates in the opposite boat lol he lives down here and works in victor he drives the horse tram out to granite island and shit good luck on letting your mate know he could prob find a 1 bedroom appartment for about $150 around edwardstown area not too expensive or anything i remember seeing an appartment behind me in st mary's for about $120 a week single room so it wouldnt be too hard for him and wouldnt need to worry about other people invading personel spaces and stuff

Paul.

if its walking distance to ur work, then its worth the money think how much money u'll save on petrol, rego etc. don;t even need a car

thats near hilton its good area and one that still rentable. go for brooklyn park dude and its a 5 mins bus ride to town too :)