SAU Community

Rb25de Engine Info Please

Hi my rb25de engine is screwed cause i bolted a turbo on without decompressing the engine and i ran to high boost... but there is a few ways a can go about fixing this problem...

ive been told i can buy a reconditioned engine for $1000 and ill just dump it in

OR

i can buy the bottom half including crank shaft, pistons ect... for $250 these ppl told me IF my head on my old engine is still good all i need to do is bolt it on there half of the engine and away i go i have a good working engine... Now i basically need the top half of my old engine, so would there be anything else that i should be looking at to see if its damaged or broken?

WHAT DO U PPL THINK I SHOULD DO!!!!

how can i check if my head is F#%KED

please give me ur information cause my r33 is just rotting in my driveway and it kills me seeing it like that.

Edited by Stealthynsa

There should be no damage to the head if there wasn't any serious overheating problems, or the engine was run extremely lean and burnt out a valve or two. Swapping bottom ends is a waste of time IMO... Just sell the head off to someone keen on a RB30det conversion and find yourself a nice cheap complete rb25de

There should be no damage to the head if there wasn't any serious overheating problems, or the engine was run extremely lean and burnt out a valve or two. Swapping bottom ends is a waste of time IMO... Just sell the head off to someone keen on a RB30det conversion and find yourself a nice cheap complete rb25de

thats why if your running high compression, get a good tune :devil:

so what exactly has happened? is it seized, have you shot a rod? f**ked a piston...?

i aggree with above post

ok thanks for ur info. so why is it u think buying the bottom end is a waiste of time? i dont get my licence back until march 13th, and then i need to buy my rego again which is $1000 im just not sure what is better to spend my money on. to save or not to save, is it worthe the effort of swapping the head over or not cause im not fussed if i have to pull the head off and put it on another, i just want it all to be working decent untill im off my P's then ill buy a RB25DET, so in 2 years the engine will be coming out neways so what would your opinion be on this topic now? please reply... thanks