SAU Community

Window Scratches

Adz2332

"Im trying to find the part numbers... for the inside ones.."
"Pt# 80324-04U03 BRKT STOPER (Bracket Stopper)."

These are the little buggers that do all the damage...twin 20mm wide scratches on the inside

The older Fast number was superceded with this one.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey guys. I got a scratch in my window too not long ago. This wasdue to getting a stone caught in the felt pads. To clean all the window runnners etc i just removed the inner door trimm to allow easy access to felts (well dir). You can get a rag or an "OLD" Tooth brush and some warm water and brush all the grime out of the rubber strips that touch the glass and get to the flet runners also. This made a world of difference and now i should be less liikely to get scratches.

Hey guys. I got a scratch in my window too not long ago. This wasdue to getting a stone caught in the felt pads. To clean all the window runnners etc i just removed the inner door trimm to allow easy access to felts (well dir). You can get a rag or an "OLD" Tooth brush and some warm water and brush all the grime out of the rubber strips that touch the glass and get to the flet runners also. This made a world of difference and now i should be less liikely to get scratches.

Thats an awesome tip... provided your felt pads arent worn out already..

"Pt# 80324-04U03 BRKT STOPER (Bracket Stopper)."

I assumed that was the part number for the R32? is it the exact same part in the R33?

Edited by MotoMan

O.K. I got around to having a fiddle with my windows today. The scratches are on the outside of the window and therefore wont affect any tinting you get done, so go ahead and tint those suckers up. Having typed that there is also a brush on the inside of the door that i've yet to locate in FAST..looks like another trip to the Nissan dealer

Pic 1.

post-24470-1166928004.jpg

This is the damage, vertical lines on the exterior of the glass.

Pic 2.

post-24470-1166928137.jpg

The brushes.

Pic 3.

post-24470-1166928473.jpg

The offending brush highlighted..there are two and they are a simple slide in deal. The brush on the inside is the one i've yet to track down. If yoy decide to go ahead please add to this thread so we can cobble a DIY for the rest

i pulled my door trims off today to install some speakers and i had a look on my window and realised i have a big scratch mark up the INSIDE of the drivers windows (which i just got tinted 3 days ago!!!!!!!!!) im so upset this has happened as i didnt see any scratches before the tint

also the fury pads look to be just about brand new on both passengers and drivers side so i dont know what the problem is

its a 33 btw

"...so i dont know what the problem is its a 33 btw.."

All i can say is get the trim off and have a look

"... But how much does a new window cost? And can I get one from say a Windcreens Obriens rather than Mr. Nissan?

I think the Beer Baron picked one up for about 160..mine cost me 220 from a wrecker...its perfect. I would imagine that the OEM one would be a prohibitively expensive proposition...hey Justin when are we going to see a pic of your R with the RGII's?

Someone has posted before if u pull them out and soak them in hot water it will restore them to near new condition.Someone try it and tell if it works :D

It may work it there isnt too much crap in them and their not too flogged

OK how;s this then. You all know how kids are scratching graffiti into glass these days right? Well, there are now a few companies who buff out the scratches in the glass. I'll be contacting them as soon as they open again.

The fingernail deep scratch in glass = no hope... is now a thing of the past!

• 1 month later...

whats the update on these, like my windows are like the one you had mr keets. is there a price on new windows from nissan and has anyone found out the number for the window guid thingy on the inside??

• 1 year later...

Did anybody ever get this fixed or find any answers? Both mine need doing. I have good (Not scratched) glass for both sides of my 32 but need to fix this problem before I put them in.