SAU Community

Car Alarm Playing Up.

Raul

Hey there fellas,

I have a cheetah 'powercop' series alarm on my r32 gtst. I had it installed exactly 3 weeks ago to thsi day so it is fairly new. As i approach my car on the way to work, i disarm the car as usual, no problems. Then jump in and turn the ignition to 'on' and let the fuel lines prime up a bit, no problems there either. Then as i try to start the car over the alarm seems to be kciking in and cant even ehar the engine kicking over!.

In the manual it says to check the battery if it is dead or if the terminals are loose. The terminals are fine and all the service lights turn on and interior lights are on when the key is on the on position.

Also i have tried pressing the reset buton and turning the batteyr back up off but to no avail!

Please any suggestions?

Hey there fellas,

I have a cheetah 'powercop' series alarm on my r32 gtst. I had it installed exactly 3 weeks ago to thsi day so it is fairly new. As i approach my car on the way to work, i disarm the car as usual, no problems. Then jump in and turn the ignition to 'on' and let the fuel lines prime up a bit, no problems there either. Then as i try to start the car over the alarm seems to be kciking in and cant even ehar the engine kicking over!.

In the manual it says to check the battery if it is dead or if the terminals are loose. The terminals are fine and all the service lights turn on and interior lights are on when the key is on the on position.

Also i have tried pressing the reset buton and turning the batteyr back up off but to no avail!

Please any suggestions?

There still may not be enough cranking amps in the battery put some jumper leads on from another car and try again to start it, if the siren was chirping while trying to start then it tells me that you may have low battery power in the car and the starter motor is trying to get power from anywhere in the car such as the back up battery siren.