SAU Community

Grrr... Rant...

Midol

Only ranting it here in the hopes if any of you engage in this you take some notice of what I say.

I live on the edges of the blackall ranges next to nambour and the roads up here are beautiful to drive on, rather high speed limits and nice whindy(SP) roads.

Why is it that people INSIST on ignoring the 60kph signposted speed limit (It isn't signposted at the start of it, which indicates a 50kph speed limit so no sign is no excuse for speeding) and fly around corners at my estimate of 90kph?

Everyone who lives on this road KNOWS what times people are out and MOST are careful. Kids ride their bikes around, people ride horses. THIS IS A RURAL AREA.

The thing that pissed me off was today I was on the edge of the road starting the training with my Husky and some f**kwit in a skyline flies around the corner and I had to leave the road, slam my brakes on and had to take my Husky home as he injured his hind legs in the sudden stop.

If anyone here engages in this reckless mountain driving. STOP. It is dangerous, and if you hit me, or my dog you won't hear the end of it and you WILL be punished via the law both in the civil courts and criminal. I have spoken to the police about this and they will be patrolling and setting up speed traps on the sections of road I have told them I see it happening on the most and I won't tell anyone what days or roads these are. There are mountain roads that have NO houses on them and HORSES are banned from riding on them. Can't you use these god damn roads (which coincidently have signposted limits of 80 and 100 which I am sure is fast enough for you.)

I enjoy driving these roads as well... But I do it safely. From now on I will be taking down the plates and if I get a chance photographing the cars and posting them on a few sites and giving them to the cops so they can hassle you whenever they see you out. Defects galore! Don't worry - another suggestion from my local cops.

And guys, these are mostly skylines - about 4/5 of the cars are skylines. We are doing wonders for the skyline reputation.

ps; the road I am talking about is Dulong Road in Mapleton.

- Midol.

Edited by Midol

So a cop is going to sick in the back of nowhere waiting for the one car that comes past every hour in case they are speeding? I'd be glad to see my tax dollars going towards that... :(

The thing that pissed me off was today I was on the edge of the road starting the training with my Husky and some f**kwit in a skyline flies around the corner and I had to leave the road,

huh? so you were walking your dog along the road?

I can relate to your experience having lived on a hill road myself, but we realised that people do this stuff, sure its annoying but unless your perfect (and dont understand) you cant judge, I abused the f**k out of the ones that I encountered but thats as far as it went, the community at large had the same sort of attitude, the ones that jumped on the cops just ended up with more of thier attention sic.

If anyone here engages in this reckless mountain driving. STOP. It is dangerous
I enjoy driving these roads as well... But I do it safely.

not taking a jab at you mate. but theres no such thing as "doing it safely"

Totally agree with you, there is a time and a place to do shit like that

e.g race track or unpopulated roads where its safe enough.

you shouldnt be doing it on any roads. regardless if its unpopulated. theres also wildlife and your own life + passenger if any. i admit i do the odd "mountain racing" every now and then but hey it goes with owning the cars i guess. and i dont think anyone can argue that. whether you've passed that stage or still in it, everyone has given their cars a squirt on the roads. its jus that most people have matured and learnt from experiences.

i know myself my mind of thought is completely different to wen i first got my old gtst. i would try and race everyone i could. 2 years later i dont even look at people next to me at lights trying to rev me up. and i would say its because SAU forum has taught me alot through my 2 years of owning 2 skylines.

so basically what im trying to say. everyone was a hoon once. its jus some take it further then others.

I can relate to your experience having lived on a hill road myself, but we realised that people do this stuff, sure its annoying but unless your perfect (and dont understand) you cant judge, I abused the f**k out of the ones that I encountered but thats as far as it went, the community at large had the same sort of attitude, the ones that jumped on the cops just ended up with more of thier attention sic.

I'll judge whoever I want to when they put me, my dog and my brothers in danger. It has nothing to do with being perfect. Don't be a dickhead on the road - it is that simple. If my dog was past his first week of training, re: months into it, he'd be dead right now and I'd probably be severly injured/dead as he would have been pulling alot harder (we were on our side of the road, some dickhead crossed over coming around a corner.)

not taking a jab at you mate. but theres no such thing as "doing it safely"

you shouldnt be doing it on any roads. regardless if its unpopulated. theres also wildlife and your own life + passenger if any. i admit i do the odd "mountain racing" every now and then but hey it goes with owning the cars i guess. and i dont think anyone can argue that. whether you've passed that stage or still in it, everyone has given their cars a squirt on the roads. its jus that most people have matured and learnt from experiences.

i know myself my mind of thought is completely different to wen i first got my old gtst. i would try and race everyone i could. 2 years later i dont even look at people next to me at lights trying to rev me up. and i would say its because SAU forum has taught me alot through my 2 years of owning 2 skylines.

so basically what im trying to say. everyone was a hoon once. its jus some take it further then others.

Sorry if you misunderstood, I don't RACE. I drive on the roads... there is a difference between following speed limits and going even slower if it is unsafe to do so and flying around at 30kph over the limit on blind corners.

I have never copped a fine, never been in an at fault accident. I am not going to give people chances. If they risk the life of me and my dog whilst we are training then I'll go to the cops. Simple. Don't do it.

Not everyone is, has been or will be a hoon. When I get a Stagea I won't be racing people. Street racing, dangerous driving, speeding, drink driving is all lame and I won't respect anyone doing it and if by going to the cops it makes it even shittier for import drivers then too bad.

Not enough people condemn this attitude. How do you expect the name of performance drivers to increase when they arn't even looked down upon by the 'responsible'?

Your training your dog on a public road? I’m sorry, but you people don’t own the roads anymore then the people who drive on it. Want a safer area go find a walking trail or park.

Yes there are speed limits, yes you can report the people who speed, yes as a community you can attempt to something about it.

How ever, doing so only makes it worse, and the ring leaders will target the select property owners only more, plus its highly unlikely the Police will issue speeding fines on what the residence say.

As mentioned, I’m doubtful Police will patrol the roads as often as you would like to think, it’s nothing more then a waste of tax payers money.

I’ve lived in area’s like this, and I understand it from both sides, as I use these roads for my own enjoyment, and also have had to deal with tosser’s driving on them at the wrong time.

I don’t condone it during the day, or more so before and after school hours, however it’ll never stop at night time.

I’ve used that road, and will continue to use it late at night for runs, I’ll give you a had start on your number plate collecting too, mines LXU55. I’ll let you know now though, the Police have never been able to charge me on hear say…

yeap thats cool mate misunderstanding :(

but yeah the name of performance drivers will never increase no matter what you do. media and police stop that from happening. they always need someone to blame. and if its not the media or police, its some new red p plater in their parents car.

hate it or love it thats the truth.

Your training your dog on a public road? I’m sorry, but you people don’t own the roads anymore then the people who drive on it. Want a safer area go find a walking trail or park.

Yes there are speed limits, yes you can report the people who speed, yes as a community you can attempt to something about it.

How ever, doing so only makes it worse, and the ring leaders will target the select property owners only more, plus its highly unlikely the Police will issue speeding fines on what the residence say.

As mentioned, I’m doubtful Police will patrol the roads as often as you would like to think, it’s nothing more then a waste of tax payers money.

I’ve lived in area’s like this, and I understand it from both sides, as I use these roads for my own enjoyment, and also have had to deal with tosser’s driving on them at the wrong time.

I don’t condone it during the day, or more so before and after school hours, however it’ll never stop at night time.

I’ve used that road, and will continue to use it late at night for runs, I’ll give you a had start on your number plate collecting too, mines LXU55. I’ll let you know now though, the Police have never been able to charge me on hear say…

Side of road... You know, where you ride bikes? Go jogging? All 100% LEGAL... All ready checked with the cops to see if it is legal training him and it is... I assume other people are acting legally...

Thanks to f**ktards (not you, the dog hating nancies), I can't train in parks or trails ;) Check the laws, dogs banned on all bush walking tracks... Do you even know what dog training is? My fella can run pretty damn fast... I can't train him on footpaths or in parks...

I think you are still misunderstanding me. Follow the road rules and I don't give a crap. Don't cross lanes, don't speed, don't do burnouts... I have no problem with people cruising. If they choose to continue breaking the road rules then we can do something about it ourselves :(

I am well aware of who you are, I've met you before so I know exactly who you are. I don't need your plates. Probably don't remember me though.

Ian: Drive on it! I don't care! Just don't be stupid that is all I am asking :( It IS a good road, fantastic road (bar the huge pothole that I forget about everyday) just stick to the speed limits (they change throughout the road) and don't cut corners. Thats how I almost got snapped.

Quick edit: This was at like 11am :S I wouldn't be training at night - illegal to fit lights on the bikes/scooters for racing so no one would be able to see me :S

Edited by Midol

I think any other car doing the normal speed limit may have trouble if somebody was driving along very slowly on the road which has multiple blind corners. That is not safe either! So I don't know why you're going nuts at skyline drivers in particular. I think you're equally at fault, and maybe should be going somewhere a little safer in your dog training. You could be causing an accident with law abiding drivers just as likely as these people you're so pissed at.

What happens if a large truck was barreling down the hill at 50km/hr, and they also suddenly saw this car traveling along quite slowly after rounding a blind-corner. You'd be equally as screwed, and who's fault would that be? the truck drivers?

Yes, I ride my bike often on public roads, as a similar example, and yes, it's very risky.. But I don't think I'm in any more danger from anybody doing going a little fast compared to some old grandma floating all over the road either.

Neither do I go nuts when I'm nearly killed from some stupid driver doing something silly, and start ranting to the cops about it (and yes once I ended up in hospital and had to have surgery too). I know it's risky, and I take on that risk blaming nobody else but myself.

I think your abuse is very misplaced.

I said, skyline drivers account for 4/5 cars being irresponsible on these roads. I like skylines, I like skyline drivers. Nothing against skylines.

There is nowhere safer. This road is the safest road on the range. It has the most amount of homes and has the widest roads with the lowest speed limits.

My problem isn't with the speed limits. If the corner is a BLIND CORNER and is a KNOWN HORSE RIDING area you will take it at the speed limit or recommended limit and leave the 1m to the side of the road (You know, the area where you arn't suppose to be driving in) FREE as people use it for cycling and horse riding and other such activities. If a truck chooses to break the rules and go into that area as well then he is just as much in the wrong.

My abuse is not misguided. They break the law, drive dangerously and I will abuse them. If they hit me or my dog they will loose their car and probably the majority of their other assets.

When these guys use these roads they are apexing all the corners, cutting onto the other side of the road - like the guy did this morning. If you support people doing this then I can see why skylines have such a bad rep - I was behaving 100% legally and I know I was and whether in your most expert opinion you agree with me or not is really irrelevent. The road isn't just for drivers it is for everyone. If you can't drive safely don't bitch at me when skylines cop more and more crap.

I can see why they do.

exampleoj4.gif

I was in the wrong...

That is what it was like, sorry I forgot to draw a stick man indicating me but I was in the bushes so I thought it'd be too hard but I hope you can grasp the concept that he was CUTTING ACROSS LANES and DRIVING DANGEROUSLY which is what the MAJORITY of PERFORMANCE cars which happen to be SKYLINES do on this road.

so you are riding a bike/scooter whilst holding a dog on a lead??

I would be questioning if you have complete control of the dog regardless of its training?

I have never travelled down this road and most probably never will but I owning 2 dogs (one being a staffie regarded as one of the fastest dogs over 100m sprint) would never in my right mind be looking at doing this. There is numerous dog off leash parks have you thought about going there to exercise your dog??

Rah rah rah.

He is right tho. Sooo many people dont drive to the conditions. Blind corner means you cant see around it. Yet you still see people throwing their cars in to them.

Hell even today I was out at the drift day. And its a big open flat track. Yet soooo many people werent looking ahead enough and coming bloody close to the spun out car in front. I mean, if they cant do it on the track, what hope do they have doing it on the road.

I can sympathise with old matey on this one.

I've had my Skyline for 4 weeks now and sick of the Skyline bashing already. 4/5 Skylines what a croc of shit, is that the people sitting in little fold out chairs with clipboards and click counter thingy's doing a survey on how many Skylines come past ? Come on bud ! Plenty of people being dickheads in all sorts of cars, bet you get plenty of road bikes being smacktards too ! Anyway, sorry to hear about your dog.

My 2c :(

so you are riding a bike/scooter whilst holding a dog on a lead??

I would be questioning if you have complete control of the dog regardless of its training?

I have never travelled down this road and most probably never will but I owning 2 dogs (one being a staffie regarded as one of the fastest dogs over 100m sprint) would never in my right mind be looking at doing this. There is numerous dog off leash parks have you thought about going there to exercise your dog??

He is a working dog :(

Sledding, you know... dog pulls something... it is done on land as well as snow. I have perfect control of the dog. If I say left then he will go left, if I say right he will go right, stop stop and run run.. I can't train a sledding dog (husky) in a park. You wouldn't do this because you don't own a sledding dog. Staffies arn't made for sledding - they have none of the natural instincts.

Ryan: You are right, 4/5 was an over estimation but it is high. I'd say half - that is half of the SKYLINES are stupid not half of the cars, but the cars I see the most are skylines (That could also be because I recognise skylines because I love them and take notice of them for all I know there could be twice as many people being tossers in civics but I don't recognise and take notice of them. I am also assuming you are a responsible driver and one of the ones who suffer because of idiots.

I love skylines. I am not attacking them, just the idiots who get them because of Fast and the Furious :(

Edited by Midol

if people are going to be reckless on populated roads, they will get caught and punished eventually, they don't need you to come onto some random skyline board and start flaming everyone looking for attention

as for running your dog around, on a mountain road, on a scooter, dude wtf?

surely there's alternatives to this, you have a death wish even without the hoons on the roads, normal drivers are just as likely to clean up you and your dog

:(

Einstein: Who is flaming? I came on here requesting that if anyone engages in this that they could show some courtesy and stop as this is the largest skyline website in Australia.

EDIT: How is what I was doing different to walking on the side of the road, cycling on the side of the road? Don't judge what the control of my dog was like. He would NOT turn onto the road and is a VERY obedient dog. Stop assuming it is more dangerous than walking or cycling - it isn't. I was on a BMX with special attatchments so I had both hands on the handle bars. Sledding is done with a scooter but he isn't old enough to pull loads so I was on a bike. Once he is of age I will be doing it on the dirt roads or our property.

Bryn: Your opinion doesn't matter much to me.

Seriously guys, in a shit load of threads you moan and whinge about the public perception of import drivers and how they are wrong and the cops are wrong to target you. If you don't condemn other performance car drivers for doing the wrong thing then it is never going to change. You whinge that the cops can't be bothered finding your cars after being stolen, that you get defect after defect when you don't deserve them. Grow some balls and let your mates know it isn't cool, let your pairs know they are idiots. All you guys are doing is sticking up for the moron that almost ran me over. The fact that my dog was with me is rather irrelevent as he was inline with me. If it was just me the same thing would have happened... almost been hit. Stop focusing on ways to discredit the other party and just come to realise that SOME performance car drivers don't deserve to have their licenses.

This reminds me of the thread recently about the car that crashed in Alex Headlands/Mooloolaba - an RX7 I think it was. Everyone felt sorry for him. I felt sorry for you guys as performance car drivers. Idiots like him are the reason you are all targetted unfairly and when people realise that large communities like SAU will look down upon them for doing it they might just stop. It is all well and good to have a policy that disallows talk of street racing but that isn't enough IMO.

Edited by Midol