SAU Community

Grrr... Rant...

Midol

Can I just say that 4/5 Huskie owners piss me off. They recklessly own and keep these dogs so far out of their appropriate climate zone that I'm amazed they even survive.

Can I just say though, as a fellow dog owner I don't want to attack you and I assume that you are one of the responsible Huskie owners ;). Maybe it's because I like Huskies that I see them so much in QLD and wonder what the f**k their owners are thinking, and just not notice the St Bernards who should also be in less temperate zones.

I have no idea what my white little fluff-balls are genetically predisposed to doing, but I am sure as hell not going to train them to do it on a public road on the side of a mountain.

Yes that is sarcasm, and yes I think you probably should have though of a better way to bring the issue up on a dedicated Skyline enthusiasts forum than letting fly from the get-go.

Sledding, you know... dog pulls something... it is done on land as well as snow.

Thats fine that they are a working dog but I know people with working dogs and they would never do anything like this incase something unexpected happened they know the amount of effort that takes to train them and would never put them in this sorta danger.

I have perfect control of the dog. If I say left then he will go left, if I say right he will go right, stop stop and run run..

Thats nice tell me exactly what would happen if say a car backfired near it or if a snake was out on the road these are randome events which can't be controlled and could lead to an accident regardless of what way a motorist is travelling.

I can't train a sledding dog (husky) in a park. You wouldn't do this because you don't own a sledding dog. Staffies arn't made for sledding - they have none of the natural instincts.

True but being excitable dogs I know not to put them in a situation which could lead to their harm. I have to be careful about their quick acceleration and their natural instinct to run (and quite fast) instead.

I mean it sounds like the drivers are not in the right but I don't think you are being too responsible as well. what is the distance when a car going the same way as you ?? I thiking this could be just as close as a car clipping the corner ??????????

Can I just say that 4/5 Huskie owners piss me off. They recklessly own and keep these dogs so far out of their appropriate climate zone that I'm amazed they even survive.

Can I just say though, as a fellow dog owner I don't want to attack you and I assume that you are one of the responsible Huskie owners :). Maybe it's because I like Huskies that I see them so much in QLD and wonder what the f**k their owners are thinking, and just not notice the St Bernards who should also be in less temperate zones.

I have no idea what my white little fluff-balls are genetically predisposed to doing, but I am sure as hell not going to train them to do it on a public road on the side of a mountain.

Yes that is sarcasm, and yes I think you probably should have though of a better way to bring the issue up on a dedicated Skyline enthusiasts forum than letting fly from the get-go.

Huskies are adapted for temperature swings ;) Not the cold :D

I probably did bring it up wrong and not think it through very well but I am a skyline enthusiast as well... I was just pissed off that someone could drive so recklessly with no regard to anyone but themselves.

Mushroom: You really ought to snake proof your dogs - my boy is. Plus, the on by command is used to force the dog to ignore things like snakes, birds and other distractions. Cars back firing I really don't know but he doesn't mind loud noises and ignores thunder.

Just because everyone thinks I am in the wrong, where do you propose I train him? Forests are a no go, reserves are a no go, footpath is a no go so where am I suppose to train? Add to that he needs 2 hrs of excersize a day how am I suppose to give him it if I can't use the road edge? He can't go to offlead parks as he can jump too high.

The road is the only place I can train, it isn't ideal but it is all I have. I just don't want to see the day someone comes around and hits my neighbours on their horses. They can be responsible for the deaths of two horses and 2 young girls.

Bryn: Your opinion doesn't matter much to me.you.

thats alright, your opinions dont matter to me either, maybe i should go join the huskie owners forum and bad mouth you there, honestly mate, if you dont have a skyline, piss off, this isnt the place, go preach at your local majors office or town hall.

I Own a border collie, which, as far as i know is the smartest of dog breeds, and requires huge amounts of exercise. My dog gets atleast 2hours of exercise daily, with 2 walks, one in the morning, one in evening, and usually 40 mins a day in the canal, swimming and fetching balls.

I manage to train/and exercise him safely without being in harms way..

you mention you cant go to dog off lead areas as your dog jumps to high, surely, yor super trained dog, knows when not to jump a fence, and your ability to not keep him in a area, makes me seriously doubt you how trained this dog is.

Won't bother answering the dog questions - but go join dol if you like... bad mouth me on there... they won't care ;) You clearly know little about dog behavior so they'll just laugh.

So are you expecting everyone who doesn't own a skyline to leave? So I should get something then research to make sure I got a good deal? Is that the general idea of the site? Surely if it was then there would be a rule in place requesting no one to post unless they own a skyline? There is not, therefore is it really your place to request people to leave just because they don't own one?

I already said I went about voicing my complaints the wrong way. I was pissed off, we can leave it at that but I bet someone else will come on and I'll feel the need to reply.

hahahaha sorry mate, my opinion doesnt count at all for the rest of SAU, what i wrote is my opinion and not the clubs

I dont care if your on here or not, i just think u should keep Sh1t like this to yourself

And i dont recall actually asking a dog question..

You didn't, I mean comments. Can't be bothered editing.

Well, I won't be responding to this thread now. I was in a bad mood at almost being run over (as you would be) and since it was a skyline this was the best place to vent anger.

I am over it - sort of.