SAU Community

D....de..def...defected (ho Ho Merry Christmas)

Bl4cK32

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Puresx, and MattR. Will contact u both when i do all the swaps.

Wont be till after christmas at this point, but thanks for the offers.

66 skyline GT - is that a series 1 as Cubes said? If so, ill contact u when i need to do the swaps..:(

Can they really tell AFMs?

I've got an auto gearbox crossmember that you can try. It doesn't fit properly on my manual box... Stupid japanese didn't source a new crossmember when they changed it...

They just look for the colour of the sticker to see if its std.

Mine being a q45 its yellow as opposed to the green of the r32 std one.

I should be set for parts now, as Cubes is swapping the gearbox and x member with me when he goes for the auto.

If i think of anything else, or need anything i'll post up ;)

the rb25 afm Pete has was mine, series 2.

maybe he should intsall it onto his Rb20det, as per original plans, and you borrow his rb20 afm?

;)

bad luck about the defect, that sucks for sure.

hrmm..I failed regency yesterday for defect..had 7 inspectors looking over the car..DO NOT go in on a friday arvo!!!! you wont pass..they have a emmisions testing booth being stup as wel speak...And they also picked out that i had a AM ECU :S really odd...Since they didnt evn look??

Anyway Gl with it..I went through with 2 way..dunoo that they liked it clunking on the way out..but too bad i got out b4 they put that on the list as well.

If anyone happens to have a recheck appointment at regency b4 NY that they dont need. PLEASE PM me ;)

Thanks, Bek

What x-member are u using Andrew? Mine looks a little dodgy is all. Id rather go through once, than have another defect for a few different items.

If i return it to stock its not that hard really, Cubes has 90% of what i need, + i still have me std ecu + injectors etc...

I had the stock x-member with a bracket on each side extending it bacwards, painted black they dont stand out.

I would definately change ecu back to stock, just that the gearbox is a bit of a job to change, then you gota change it all back.

yer ecu is coming out, and that means injectors are as well (550 rx7 ones dont run too well even with remap std ecus)

im not too worried about the gb, Cubes and i have done it a few times now and from memory got it in last time in about 1/2 hour :(

edit/ thats an hour out, then /2 hour to get it back in the next day

Edited by Bl4cK32

..they have a emmisions testing booth being stup as wel speak...

This is the biggest worry.

You will get hardly anything aftermarket through once that is done.

Pretty much 100% stock as a rock. Exhausts won't pass, no boost increase, pods and intercoolers might not even get through.

thats why im going back to 100% stock.

Im luck ive kept most of my gear as ive modded, except the items im loaning off cubes.

It really bullshit as there is nowhere to check if u can pass the emissions before hand, so its a multiple pass through for most people. Looks like a new way of making more money...

I'll be running stock boost, but for good measure i may throw on the std catback as well...

black, you will find that when u have those sacred papers from regency, its easy for you to foil cops to say that you have had all this stuff checked off from your last defect, as they should not have defected you in the first place for something so trivial when they got other cars such as piece of shit holdens that are 20 years old roaming the streets with excessive screeches from their timing belts as they roll down the road on flatspotted tyres wrapped around 15 inch rims.

This is my first defect in this car of owning it for nearly 4 years.

U can fix the car (in my case it lists too low, so just raise the car) and go to the cop shop - if there is a long wait to get into regency, and they will sign off and stamp the back of the defect notice to allow me to drive as per normal anywhere i want.

When i go to Regency its a complete inspection regardless if it has "non std gear knob" on the form or not.

Edited by Bl4cK32