SAU Community

D....de..def...defected (ho Ho Merry Christmas)

Bl4cK32

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is the biggest worry.

You will get hardly anything aftermarket through once that is done.

Pretty much 100% stock as a rock. Exhausts won't pass, no boost increase, pods and intercoolers might not even get through.

Definitely a worry. Those with rebuilt motors will have to ensure they keep all the quench standard as opening up the quench has emissions go to shit.

Thicker headgaskets.. poor emissions also. :P

Sorry to hear Darren,

if you need any other parts, post it up and I might have some lying around

I have a complete stock diff assembly at home also, but this may be needed as my 1.5way is showing signs of wear

thanks. Looks like i only really need an rb20 afm - or a r33 series 1 green sticker one

Im wondering if they would let my Bilsteins through??

I can get em set to std height via the circlip. Manta racing will machine a groove to put em up to std height for me.

Just gunna paint em black and set then to std height, and hope for the best :laugh:

Edited by Bl4cK32

suspension requires a vis check

shite, u learn something everyday!

When i got done about 1.5yrs ago the copper told me that to go to regency you needed to get done for something emission related or more than 3 things!

The nice policeman politely showed me on the front of one of his books the list of thigs which either require a VIS inspection, or just a police station clearance.

Suspension shows a vis check.

Then he tells me "If it was an oil leak, that only requires a trip to the police station. See here".

The funny part was he was looking for what height the car is supposed to be std. He then sees r32 GTR and says "Yes, see it says here 275mm..." I then proceed to show him in his book that mine is listed as a r32 GTST and yes, the height is supposed to be 360mm (I cant remember now though for some reason...too much trauma) not the 275 he was going to measure.

Edited by Bl4cK32

so how much too low would u hav been at the 275mm height?

or wouldnt it hav been too low?

im at 330mm in the front, 350mm in the rear.

@ the correct height, im 30mm too low in the front, and 10mm to low in the rear.

@ 375mm (if this was measured) id obviously be 45mm too low in the front, and 25mm in the rear.