SAU Community

R33 Boost Cut & Ecu

adikt

i,ve been reading this thread very closely, and have just about done everything here. bought a high flowed turbo(same as the pics last page) had no problems with boost on my stock turbo, set at 12 and dropped to 10 as all bleed valves do. thought id chuck on the high flow and set it to 12 to 13 psi as i still had stock injectors. went for a tune and went to 12, leveled and slowly climbed to 17 at the end of the rev range. since then i have remover the turbo and machine out the waste gate hole from 24 to 28 mm giving me a 36% increase in surface area, didn't work. had a 2 1/2 " split pulse dump pipe that i modded to a bell mouth, didn't work. got rid of the dump pipe and put a 3" bell mouth front/dump pipe on, didn't work. swapped actuators, didn't work. removed the bleed valve completely and put it directly onto the standard tapping point, didnt work. i am now about to go the other way and put a 2" restriction plate in my exhaust to see if that rectifies the problem. the car has been detuned to 230hp at the moment so i dont pop anything.

i am running a safc2, full 3" exhaust (only restriction is the cat).

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I now can say that i solved my boost issues once and for good. I was beginning to doubt my actuator too. I bit the bullet and bought a brand new Gizzmo MS-IBC and what a diff. Super easy to install and tune. Tuning took me just around 10 mins. Just have to fine tune it now but i did that on the motoway to work this morning :ermm:

Boost comes on super quick compared to the stock actuator. Rock steady 7psi to the redline. Sorry but i have to suggest an ebc. Just out of curiosity, have you tried one at all?

Trust me, i thought i had a "too free flowing" exhaust as well but its not.

ok, just fitted a 2" restriction plate between front pipe and cat. took the car for a blast and sat rock solid on 7 psi (have taken bleed valve out and gone from standard tapping point to waste gate). waiting for car to cool down and will fit a 2 1/4" and see what that does. will keep updated!

ok, 2 1/4 with no bleed gave me 10 psi. re fitted bleed valve(set at 12 psi) and went to 12.5 @ 7000 in 2nd. my problem looks like too much flow through exhaust. booking in to get full tune next week and hopefully around the 300 rwhp figure?

Good one mate! Im happy you got that sorted out!! :)

I got the ebc for $240 from modyoucar.com.au when they had the special. Over here in nz, it retails for around 5-600! so i got it for half price inc delivery.

Just out of curiousity, hows your torque curve? Whats your peak torque and at what rpm?

When i had mine stock, with just a catback and a pod, it made 330-340 Peak and over 300Nm from 2200 onwards.

• 3 months later...
And i still say its rubbish :(

Not one person i know has had a problem here in Vic, and R33's are a dime a dozen

actually we have seen this problem on the dyno a few times , had a rb25det with front mount and good flowing exhaust suffer from this problem , even removed the actuator and opened the flapper valve all the way and loaded the car up on the dyno still made 13 psi of boost and tapered off to 12 at 6000 rpm , explain how and different actuator will help when the gate opening(hole) is physically not big enough to get rid of gases (also this vehicle made 200 rwkw on 12psi with stock turbo)

regards,steve