SAU Community

Blood Drive Today

blind_elk

Adzmax, Mavric, AGE -

Lara Bingle called.

It seems the original post was too subtle for some.

So, for those who don't know, Lara is the pretty young lady that caused all that controversy over the Australian Tourism ads in Britain, asking "So, where the bloody hell are you?"

So, where the bloody hell were you on Sunday? You didn't even have the courtesy to try and let me know you couldn't make it. I put a lot of time into organising this, and it's my name that comes up when the Blood Bank start asking about the value of these bookings. I don't need that kind of publicity; I don't need that kind of stress. (Worrying about it probably contributed to my blood pressure being 200/100).

Not happy, Jan!

My apologies!! I totally forgot (did'nt help that i had my work break-up party and 2 birthdays the day before :laugh: ) I'm free next all next week, and any time your going in just let me know and I'll join you with out fail. :ninja:

I asked in around about manner on Sudnay morning about the whole alcohol thing.... your system does not have to be 100% clear of alcohol .

I may have had alcohol in my system in the morning. Doubt it, but its the same thing as would i have been ok to drive in the morning??? I based my decision on the fact that i felt fine and did not feel in any way drunk. You tend to know your body pretty well after a while.

It seems the alocohol thing has more to do with intoxication, and your well being after you have donated blood. Hence the no drinking after you have given blood either for their concern over you being dehydrated etc.

I had a few beers in the afternoon and evening and didnt really feel any different, say 8 beers? As long as you feel ok and keep a check on yourself, and dont do anything that your body tells you feels wrong. Perhaps it was all the good ness in Snowies cooking? :)

So...in a perfect world i would have made passionate love with Keira Knigtley all night and not had a drop of booz in my system. If you are right to drive and feeling well (not hung over or dehyrdated) then thats whats important.