SAU Community

Stage 3 Water Restrictions

eMsta

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you wash your car everyday for 4hours?! lol

Who wants to start a carwash place?. We could earn a heap with these restrictions :(

its a good idea!

but also guys - u can still use a high pressure device with the source as a bucket :(

i checked this up yesterday and its all good - but you gotta buy a high pressure cleaner.

Stage 3

'No hand held hoses on vehicles*'

*A bucket filled from a tap can be used to clean windows, mirrors and lights; and spot remove corrosive substances. A commercial car wash can be used.

High pressure systems are only allowed under Stage 2, and are useless under stage 3.

but also guys - u can still use a high pressure device with the source as a bucket :(

i checked this up yesterday and its all good - but you gotta buy a high pressure cleaner.

The only parts you can wash with a bucket during stage 3 restrictions are windows and mirrors.

Otherwise you'll need to use a commercial car wash.

Source

Joisus, stage 4 even restricts using commercial car washes...

do you guys think that if connect my pressure gun to a bucket of water it would be the same as using a bucket of water like that brochure states?

it would be using the same ammout of water.

How do you plan to run a high pressure system from a bucket...?

try being on level 5 restrictions

level 4 is shower every 2 days

.....well i got a major hang over from last nite, and now this - shower every 2 days? man thats crap! We are going to be one smelly state..... :(

you wash your car everyday for 4hours?! lol

nah, should have clarified that - the whole process takes a long time.....wash, dry, vaccum, polish, applying paint cleaner to those marks that people unexpectedly leave on my car - its a whole process...

Joisus, stage 4 even restricts using commercial car washes...

is this really true? It's recycled water though why would it matter. Dont think we will see many car wash places shutting down when stage 4 comes. Maybe the profit earned would be larger than the fine issued.

Guess its time to wash our cars with bottled water :(

is this really true? It's recycled water though why would it matter. Dont think we will see many car wash places shutting down when stage 4 comes. Maybe the profit earned would be larger than the fine issued.

Guess its time to wash our cars with bottled water :(

Vehicle washing

A vehicle may only be washed for health and safety reasons. A bucket filled from a tap

can be used to clean windows, mirrors and lights; and spot-remove corrosive substances.

This applies to commercial car washes as well.