SAU Community

4 Month Lay Up

hey peeps,

got a 96 gts-t t3/t4 high flow, forged internals, shaved heads, full 4 inch trust zorst (no cats), power fc comp etc etc, and it has been in lay up for the last 4 months in a garage. i didnt drop any liquids out just left as is, and it hasnt been started cause the battery died and im not in the country. almost home now and will need it asap, is there anything i should be weary about when i goto first kicking it over. im thinking of droping the oil out and putting new stuff in (MOTUL OIL) but other than that i cant think of anything else that should need looking at, any sugestions?

cheers!

i've had fuel crystlise in the pump and lock it up,but that was over a year.4 months is nothing.just fire it up.

thanks for that mate, i guess theres nothing to worry about, cant be to carefull though, if any one knows anything else, it would be welcomed, cheers

thanks for that mate, i guess theres nothing to worry about, cant be to carefull though, if any one knows anything else, it would be welcomed, cheers

Add some fresh fuel into the tank

as in time fuel will decay and moisture will

find its way into the tank, causing engine

to run poorly.

Just to be safe disconnect your CAS

(Cam Angle Sensor) and your power

plug to the coil packs.

Crank it over several times to build the oil supply

around the motor.

Plug them back in and fire her up!

Cheers,

Bill

Add some fresh fuel into the tank

as in time fuel will decay and moisture will

find its way into the tank, causing engine

to run poorly.

Just to be safe disconnect your CAS

(Cam Angle Sensor) and your power

plug to the coil packs.

Crank it over several times to build the oil supply

around the motor.

Plug them back in and fire her up!

Cheers,

Bill

ive heard that its safe to remove the CAS when the engine is at top dead centre, and replace when in top dead centre, how much of a neccesity is this?

no need to remove it. just unplug it. definately turn the motor over untill you see some oil pressure. then fire it up.

i would probably do the oil change after the first time of driving so that you can change it when the oil is warm to make sure you get it all out.

check all other fluids etc too.