SAU Community

Oil temps

no_gtr_yet

Datsun oil temps are normally quite high. how high are your temps getting??????

My std R32 will run up to 110 degrees after 10 reasonably quick laps.

In Targa before oil coolers the solution was to tape up the gauge (as the needle would go off scale) but change the oil daily with no damage apparently!!!!!. N1 cooler runs oil to water cooling so oil will never be below the water temp not ideal.

Earls make a complete kit apparently for $1600 with thermostat. Black 33 running in targa class has one of these I think. All the other jap after market people do kits also for a small fortune.......

Is the subaru going again?????? the great Waldo reckons it was going to have 800hp what is the real figure?????? hows the gearbox????? and the clutch ?????? Know of any cheap 16" WRX wheels

I assume you're talking to me. I don't check here all that often because not much happens and I don't really like the format.

This message appears to be orphaned. I'm on HJP if you want to find me more readily.

The WRX is pretty much finished, just waiting for the Dyno'.

Waldo's guess is a bit optimistic. It should run about 650bhp but we'll step up to that. It should be somewhere in the 550bhp area initially. I was going to set up a "road" map with about 400bhp but I don't think I'll bother now. This is all on 98 octane. On C16 or similar we could get more but there's no point really. I'm not a dyno' jockey. I'm only really interested in lap times. The car is a road/circuit car and has to be genuinely driveable and reliable.

The gearbox and clutch are great. I am very pleased with the car so far.

I can tell you that the oil temp gets to the top mark on the gauge under the 150 mark and still in the "normal" area I suppose but too close to the 150 mark to make me comfortable. I don't really know how hot it is because of the useless gauge and I have done no more thorough testing on it. Perhaps you can tell me what that would equate to. It only takes a couple of laps to get there. I'd be happy if I could do 10 laps at 110c. I'll do something about it one day.

I can't think of any 16" wheels at the moment.

Tim.