SAU Community

skyline vs pulser gtir

Guest lixid

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thats for the gti-r

it depends on what skylineyou want to compare it to....r32,r33,r34??

Nissan Skyline R32

GTS-T/GTS-4

PRICE: $17K - $35K RWD

DRIVE YEAR: 89-93

ENGINE: RB20DET 2.0 DOHC 24V turbo 6cyl

WEIGHT: 1290kg

POWER: 160kW

TORQUE: 263Nm

0-100: 6.9

0-400: 15.01

Nissan Skyline R33

GTS-T/GTS-4

$20K - $46K

RWD

94-98

RB25DET 2.5 DOHC 24V turbo 6cyl

1370kg

184kW

274Nm

Nissan Skyline R34

GTS-T

$50K - $80K

RWD

98+

RB25DET

2.5 DOHC 24V turbo 6cyl VVT

1410kg

206kW

343Nm

taken from nissansilvia.com

Guest lixid

cool guys

thanx for the info.

i think i probably will sell my skyline soon and buy a pulser...

but how much for a pulser? under $15000??

would a s15 sr20 and 6sp gearbox fit in a pulser??

I don't know about that, but I can tell you one thing for sure: It's not worth it.

The GTI-R was only released so Nissan could enter the WRC, the GTI-R is a rally car with a heavily tuned engine, to put an S15 SR20 in it would be a downgrade.

Guest lixid

ok

well are there many pulser gtir on the market, and are the parts easy to source as well??

because i don't see many gtir on the sydney road

The GTi-R also uses quad throttle bodies and is giving you around 30kw more in stock form that an S15

As cereal said as funky as S15's are, putting an S15 motor in a Gti-R is

A) ****ing expensive due to cost of S15 engine

B) A downgrade in power

And no, dont believe S15 box will fit either due to 4wd

Originally posted by lixid

ok

well are there many pulser gtir on the market, and are the parts easy to source as well??

because i don't see many gtir on the sydney road

I don't think you should have too much of a problem finding parts for a gti-r, but they probably wont be nissan parts......you'll be able to get Jap performance parts no problems.

There aren't many of them on Sydney roads because there aren't many of them on any roads........Only 4500 of them were ever made.

When I had the cash money for my car I was flipping up for either a GTS-t or GTi-R. The skyline won by a hair.

I'd admit that the Skyline won alot due to looks, as I got turned off the GTi-R everytime I saw the rear end of it...

Does anyone know of anyone who makes a body kit for these things ? NOT over the top. Just like side skirts and maybe a slighly revised rear bar ?

Some parts from the N14 Pulsar do fit...."SOME"

An early HPI had a review on one of them...Interesting. There ARE too many R33 Taxi's doing the rounds these days...

A mate of mine at work has a gtir & i got a r32 skyline.

We usually try 2 get a red light so we can have a mini drag, goin home from work. The gtir kicks my arse by far! & all it done to it was a cat back exhaust + pod filter & i got a full exhaust & pod filter.

2 be honest though, that gtir aint that crash hot. The car interior aint in the best condition, it a lucky dip with imports, you get some good ones & you got some sour ones & ive seen a few sour gtir

He had it for over 6months now & he purchased it for $22K i think it was & little steep i know. I wouldnt personally buy a 90-93 year old second hand car for that price, im sure you can import it & get it alot cheaper then the price my mate got it for.

I got my skyline for under $15k, once i reach $22k im sure my car will skin alive the gtir.

Joe.

The Gti-r is an awesome package, performance wise. They can look pretty tidy (nice one comes around near my work occasionally) but the fact it's a hatch and so small puts me off. That said, i would never bag, nor talk anyone out of buying one.

And if you're gunna buy a hot hatch...make sure it really is a hot hatch :uh-huh:

John at Unique Auto's at Castle Hill has one in Black at the moment. It was well under $22000. He took me for a quick spin last Saturday. Very ordinary interior,,,YUK!!! and don't talk to me about front end drift coming out of corners. That poor little car suffers from far to much weight in the front,,,what would make it worse is modding it,,, so you run a big fmic and doi away with the bonnet mounted one,,,which we all know doesn't work. That would add 25-30 more kilo's to the front,,,,Scary.

I was all for buying one before we got the Skyline,,,,I'm so glad we didn't.

Neil.

Guest lixid

well

it sound that the gtir is not one of you guys favourite.

maybe i need to think about it right.....?

i think if i am not going for one is because of the price and it's age.

i should stick with my gtst for while before i can find a better option.

Dont get me wrong I got nothing againts a gtir, great car if u just wanna leave it stock & still want speed, thats the car 2 go for i guess.

i would get it if it was $12-$14k

i just dont want 2 spend that amount of money on such an old car.

Guest lixid

i will wait until i got my power fc into my car and see how it goes

because i am a skilless driver so i think a 4wd will cover some of my weak points while driving. that's all. i didn't know that a gtir is a 4wd. and i thought it is very cheap. once i found out that gtir is a 4wd, with such performance, i suddenly had the thought.

Originally posted by ndr

John at Unique Auto's at Castle Hill has one in Black at the moment. It was well under $22000

But it has 105,000kms on it......

Most of the ones going for over $20k have less than 60,000kms.