SAU Community

Magnetic Mountain/hill Richmond

barnoon

Ive heard a lot of friends talk about this place not far from Richmond that they call Magnetic Mountain where you park your car on what looks to be a downhill slope, get out of it and the car will start rolling up towards you very slowly as if its being pulled toward you by a magnet, so myself, d0p3y and DJX thought we would go their lastnight to give it a go and its one of the trippiest things we had all ever experienced,

Theirs some crazy optical illusions at work here it genuinely looks like your car is rolling up a hill towards you like its being pulled by some massive magnet. So has anyone else here ever been their and if so what did you think of it? for those wanting to know how to get their just go to this link below:

Mountain

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nah no pics or vids unfortunately it was too dark we were their at about 1am, its kind of hard to explain which part exactly it happens at but if your coming along Grose Vale Road you turn left onto Bowen Mountain Road and you will see an intersection about 50 - 100 metres up or so you go past this intersection and you will see the road start to slope downwards, go down this hill about 50m then turn around and face your car back in the direction you came from turn the car off and leave it in neutral then run back up the hill and if your in the right spot the car will slowly start to roll up the hill towards you gradually picking up more speed,

Just make sure you keep a lookout for any cars coming towards you and make sure someone stays in the car to jump on the brakes incase the car rolls off into a fence or something because your in the wrong spot.

Its about 40 - 50 mins from where I live (Mt Druitt area) It only takes you about 5 - 10 mins from Richmond or if your in Penrith you could probaly get their in about 25 minutes.

Directions

The Richmond Magnetic Hill is located on Bowen Mountain Road in the Township of Mountain Bowen, just east of Richmond. The hill is located at the Mountain Bowen Rd. and Westbury Road intersection. It only works for about 50 metres going uphill.

Directions from Sydney

From Sydney City, Take the Harbour Tunnel or Harbour Bridge, follow the Warringah Expressway straight through to Lane Cove, and follow through onto the M2 Motorway right to the end till the Blacktown Exit - Turn right onto Burns Road which follows onto Old Windsor Road, which runs into Windsor Road, turn right and it will take you right into Windsor. In Winsor make a right turn onto Winsor Richmond Road (40) and it will take you to Richmond. In Richmond 40 becomes Kurrajong Road. After crossing the Hawkesbury River in North Richmond turn left on Grove Vale Road. Then turn left on Bowen Mountain Road. The Magnetic hill is on Mountain Bowen Road as soon as you pass the intersection with Westbury Road

Whereis is your friend click here

I might go back their tonight to show my GF so if I do I will take my camera and try record it im not sure how well it will turn out though as its pitch black around their at night.

This post is uselss without Video

Well if its not good enough for you go make one yourself :(

Just yeah if anyone goes play around with it for a while to make sure your in the right spot etc coz if your on a different angle or something it can look completely different and not work so just try a few different areas first.