SAU Community

Ford Xf Throttle Body And Powerfc

pavel

youve asked me the same thing on msn twice now

the throttle body will need to fit the throttle body adapter in the first place (so it mates up).

as long as that works there is nothing you need to do on the PFC.

in fact, there is nothing you can do on the PFC.

the TPS sensor needs to match the voltage range of the stock one, or you mate the stock one onto it and get the same result.

youve asked me the same thing on msn twice now

the throttle body will need to fit the throttle body adapter in the first place (so it mates up).

as long as that works there is nothing you need to do on the PFC.

in fact, there is nothing you can do on the PFC.

the TPS sensor needs to match the voltage range of the stock one, or you mate the stock one onto it and get the same result.

I know i have asked you this over msn, but you never gave me a clear explanation hence i am posting it here, and want to hear what others got to say. The XF throttle body already matches the new intake plenum (mates up). How would i go about matching the voltage of XF TPS to the standard one, as standard R33 TPS doesn't fit onto XF throttle body ?

jesus, the standard RB25 TPS opens THE WRONG WAY for use with an XF throttle body. unless you can bend the very fabric of reality and create some kind of backwards universe ruled by inverse laws of physics, then you will not get it to work with the standard TPS.

go steal an RB30 TPS from a wrecker, it will cost nothing. the plug is even the same so there's no modification required.

I had a plenum, fc and a xf tps. It was a real pain to drive so I changed back to the standard manifold. It caused the car to studder alot no matter what angle the tps was....

yeah the XF TPS is a heap of junk, i'm not even sure if it gives a proportional output like the RB ones do. you need something that tells the ECU the approximate percentage opening of the valve, and also when it is shut for idle purposes.

fitting the RB30 TPS fixes all these problems, as its output is almost identicle to the RB25 one. i measured em.

• 1 month later...
sorry for the post in a more or less dead thread but.. will the ford XF tb fit the greddy style rb25 inlet plenum?

I got few adapter plates made up for greedy style rb25 plenum so you can fit standard R33 throttle body on, PM me if you are interested.

• 3 weeks later...