SAU Community

S15 Helical Lsd Into Non-lsd Stagea?

chook

Ive got an S15 R200 Helical LSD, and I would like to put it into my Series 2 Stagea RS four, which has an R200 non-lsd diff. Has anyone had any experiences with transplanting the S15 diff centres ? Im a bit concerned about the output shafts, as ive heard the S15 ones are unique, would it be interchangeable ??? thanks

Edited by chook

thanks, that would be easy except that the S15 uses 3x2 bolt, 31mm dia, 30 spline output shaft, stagea is a 5x1 bolt, not sure size yet. guess if i can find a 5x1 bolt, 31mm dia, 30 spline output shaft ill be in business, ill check the wreckers.

chook..

Check out the R34 GT N/A variants and see what half shafts they run. You 'may' be in luck.

If not you will be selling the diff.

I looked in to dropping an S15 centre in to my R32 and found a set of compatible axles (don't remember exactly what they were off) BUT I opted against as the S15 rears are weak and tend to let go at around 200rwkw, god help it behind the rb30det.

Torque breaks things. :S

thanks, Nissan seems to have changed to the 30 spline shafts for the late models, are you sure they are weak, some people seem to say they used the same helical centre in the R34 GTR.

Fatz got a S15 diff into his old HR31 coupe (r200 longnose housing, being helical trpe LSD also)....

HR31 boys suffer the same issues, theres not much of a choice of aftermarket diff's out there compared to a short nose R200.

Will be interesting to see how you get on with it all....

Jez

666DAN, thanks, did you swap it for your viscous LSD and use your R34 GTT output shafts ? went straight into the S15 Helical LSD ?

the S15 is 30 spline, most pre-R34 skylines are 31 spline i believe, hopefully Nissan kept them uniform for the R34/ S15, thanks

Edited by chook