SAU Community

R32 - Have Your Overheat Fan Turn On With Your A/c

Cubes

• 7 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

took me a while, but I finally got around to it ;)

just to confirm for others. on R33 its the pin on the far left (driver's side) on both relays. Same as cube's original instructions for R32.

I found this pic on the internet.

diode1.jpg

It does look identical so I'd say yes.. Its the 1N4004

i havent put a diode in yet. the one above is rated at 400V 1A. Is 1A ok for this application?

Edited by Munkyb0y

• 4 weeks later...

ok, i've noticed something strange. r33.

if i turn my ignition on, but dont start the motor, then turn ignition off, my ignition lights stay lit.

after some poking around, i discovered if i disconnect this mod, and replace the relays as per standard, the problem goes away.

anyone else have this?

• 1 month later...

Did this Mod on my R33 yesterday but will see how it goes this week.

it looked a little bit harder than the R32 pictures but once you move washer bottle and undo the power cables (unplug battery in boot first) it help get under the relay.

I spliced into wire 2 on each relay (under the relay it will list what pin 2 is and then where that pin plugs into I spliced into that wire which was the left one for both)

• 11 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I don't think this can be done on a R34. The 'blower' fuse is located inside the cabin. Can someone with a R34 comment on this?

I did it to my r34 gtt but I used the relay to kick in my electric rad fan relay ( aftermarket fan which ive done to many r32s aswell)

QUESTION: Will the fan get "burnt out" slowly wear out if the fans are turned on at speed ( 80-200kms) or would the wind speed going 200k on a "track" be nowhere close to the electric fan speed??? note extra fan is mount horribly through the rad core

cheers

• 8 months later...
  • 10 months later...

Would also like to know if this works with R34 GTR, as my aircon is slowly begins to get warm when stopped at a set of lights on an extremely hot day, and cools down again when i'm driving, and my water temps seem to go up when i'm idling at lights but slowly comes down when i'm moving.

• 2 years later...

I know this is a bit old but I have found out a much simpler way to have the Rad fan kick on then messing with the relay box and installing a diode.

very simple, 

all you need to do is jump the over heat switch.

35353195444_76b7612b49_b.jpg

(This is a test jumper, I have an old temp switch I'll chop and solder as a jumper)

Fan will only kick on when you turn on the A/C.

this fan will only operate with the A/C system engaged.

With the A/C off it will not turn on if the engine runs hot, if it did the fan would always be on when the jumper is installed.

Best part is you can revert back within seconds

Edited by Nissan_Junky
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...

Whats up guys. So I have been trying to figure some stuff out before I do this mod. I know this thread is very old but maybe the GTR gods can help me out. From my understanding the aux fan comes when temps go over 90c. Does the fan come on only when the aircon is on or does it come on any time the engine goes over 90c regardless. I ask because my fan comes on without a problem when the aircon is on and it goes over 90c but it does not come on with the aircon is off. The service manual under the coolant section says to jump the plug just like the user before me did but it only comes on instantly if the aircon is on. 

I think I am having issue with the aux fan coming on independent from the aircon. I may be wrong so please correct me if thats not how it work. 

I have all the hardware to do the mod. 

• 2 years later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...