SAU Community

New Section Idea - Fabrication

I think its a top idea - need approval from prank...posted in the mod section.

Re moderating threads, thats how the DIY section is set up to keep it as clean as possible, but its still a pain to mod because people*always* post their thread 3 times when it doesn't appear straight away, also if it takes a day or 2 to approve then it can be too late anyway.

Better to just have a normal section but moderate it more tightly - move off topic threads etc.

Sounds a great idea. Duncan may have the right format.

Maybe a section on the actual making, and another on people seeking advice.

yep was how i thought about it as well..

DIY type section of - this is how this was made and completed.

Help/discussion - im thinking of making this, or im stuck with this etc etc

Duncan, tight modding will be good, and if setup from the get go it will be easier to close re-posts of the same type of discussions.

obviously im willing to help out if any is required in this regard, after all if it goes ahead it will have been my fault :)

You dont want to be able to create some Fabrication section for the reason of "how do i weld" or "how do i get cooler piping to line up" "help me i cant fit my cooler" type of questions which would fill the section with useless information rather than decent technical information (for people that use the search/read the section)

That sounds like more busy work for you guys... :mellow: but given the standard of information on this site it sounds like a logical evolution.

New topics have to be approved by the area moderator first so that the silly questions rather than the helpful threads are avoided.

Excellent idea. Hopefully, the forum will self monitor in a way once the tone is set.

Great idea.