SAU Community

Adjusting R32 Headlights

patto1234

My headlights seem to be pointing more or less straight into the ground. Meaning I can see nothing more than about 1m in front of my car. It's starting to bug me. A mate of mine reckoned you could adjust the position of the lights, which I assume is why they are pointing into the ground not out in front of me. Can you adjust the R32 headlight angles? If so how? If you can't is there anyway I can resolve this issue? I want to get HIDs at some stage and there seems to be little point if my lights arent actually going to be doing their job.

I have this same problem, my lights point very far down. I've seen in the GTR manual you are able to adjust them. but the picture isn't very clear and I cant see what has to be adjusted. could someone post a picture for us? Would be a great help. Cheers

You sure can adjust them. It's very easy. There is one bolt for adjusting height and one for adjusting left right. Take a look behind the headlight.

On the r33, it's an 8mm head.

There's not a lot of space, so you'll need to use either a 1/4 drive mini ratchet and extension or a spanner

You just turn it and watch which way it goes.

PS: r32 headlights are really really bad. Everyone always winges about them, so adjusting it might extend the range, but there isn't physically a lot of light, so by pointing it further, it'll be less bright in the area that it does shine

sorry for the late reply - internet at home stopped working :D

anyways here they are (both pics are for the RHS light but its the same on the other side)

there are 2 screws - one for up&down and one for left&right:

(cant remember which is which but it is obvious once you start tunring - haha)

post-31383-1170479155.jpg

post-31383-1170479177.jpg

post-31383-1170479202.jpg

(note the second one has those lil plastic gears inside - one of mine were f$%ked so had to open it like in that last pic and wind it manually)

cheers zennon.. big help.. mines like that too winding the height does nothing so my gears must be broken too.. ive just installed hid headlights on my r32 projectors.. looks very nice and so much more clearer using standard r32 wiring! highly recommended

is it hard getting the lower screw off the housing? not much room there

cheers zennon.. big help.. mines like that too winding the height does nothing so my gears must be broken too.. ive just installed hid headlights on my r32 projectors.. looks very nice and so much more clearer using standard r32 wiring! highly recommended

is it hard getting the lower screw off the housing? not much room there

Hey mate post pics of the HIDs. I'm keen to see how they look. Which brand of HID did u go for?

ZENNON, the adjustment that has the gears does NOT adjust height... the height screw is located towards the underside of the projector.. it looks exactly like the horizontal adjustment screw... im assuming the adjustment via the screw that has the gears is for focus.. but winding mine all the way left and right does not focus anything.. its gotta do something..

here is a pic of my hids... the photo does not do justice to how they really look at night.. more purple/white as i have the 8000k colour temperature hids.

post-26919-1170936713.jpg

ZENNON, the adjustment that has the gears does NOT adjust height... the height screw is located towards the underside of the projector.. it looks exactly like the horizontal adjustment screw... im assuming the adjustment via the screw that has the gears is for focus.. but winding mine all the way left and right does not focus anything.. its gotta do something..

here is a pic of my hids... the photo does not do justice to how they really look at night.. more purple/white as i have the 8000k colour temperature hids.

The one with the gears adjust the highbeams. I think it adjusts it up and down.

Cheers

hey sky20det, as patto1234 said what HID globes did you get? They do look heaps better than the stock globes.

i got 8000k colour temperature lights from a friend who got them overseas. if u really want a set i might be able to hook u up... 32w, 8000k H3 hid xenon lights. note the r32 projectors take H3C globes but as most will know, the H3C and H3 are the exact same shape and base, thus making it perfect to use H3 HID globes.