SAU Community

R33 Rb30 Conversion

JNR24

• 1 month later...

Hi guys, is it possible to run a rb2530 (det head) with a nistune?

Just pick the nistune based on the head you are using, or you might have to chop and change sensors and looms. However R33s don't have nistunes, so you would need an rb20det computer or z32 to run it. Pretty straightforward to setup, email nistune themselves and see what board they recommend you.

Edited by Rolls

Just pick the nistune based on the head you are using, or you might have to chop and change sensors and looms. However R33s don't have nistunes, so you would need an rb20det computer or z32 to run it. Pretty straightforward to setup, email nistune themselves and see what board they recommend you.

I have the z32 ecu so that'll work? If so I will speak with Pete from nistune for more details.

Thanks for your help guys

• 1 month later...

I need some clarification after weeks of reading different info if anyone can help

Im planing on doing the rb30 conversion using the rb25det neo head.

Can anyone confirm the cc's of the turbo neo head, Ive read anywhere from 52cc to 60cc ?

Also im running an auto tranny and it shifts at 6800rpm (I cant change shift points) from what I have read standard rb30 rods dont like to be reved over 6500 without letting go. Is this correct?

Do I need to get the crank balenced to rev to 6800rpm?

I hope someone can enlighten me.

Thanks

Balance your crank rods flywheel and pressure plate to prevent unwanted vibrations at high revs that will cause problems

Neo 25 heads i have seen here at the machine shop i work at vary from 52-55cc's

non neo 25 & 26 heads I've seen vary from 63-66cc's

Did you get your 25/30 back together? How'd it go?

yeah i got it a JEM at the moment gettin a E85 tune.. should get it back within the next week.. ill come past your work and show you man..

hows your car been going?

yeah i got it a JEM at the moment gettin a E85 tune.. should get it back within the next week.. ill come past your work and show you man..

hows your car been going?

awesome, i think my 26/30 is killing the non syncro rb20/30 gearbox, will upgrade to the rb25 in the new year, just hope it can last

• 3 months later...

Power porting the compressor and turbine covers is not something I have ever considered. I have done cast iron exhaust manifolds, works very well. I have not experienced any restriction in an RB25DET inlet manifold or throttle body up to 525 bhp so I doubt that it would be worth the cost. Over that, an RB26 top end with inlet manifold is a cheaper proposition when you add it all up. If you are intending to use the GT35R to its potential, then that would be my suggestion.

Hope that helps:cheers:

Hi.

What kind of flow gains did u get power porting the standard rb25 ex manifold? Thanks

• 2 months later...

Ive finally got my head off time to drill and tap into the head for external oil feed.

first question Ive been trying to find a way to find all attached images within this thread.

looking at what people have done in the past for vct feed.

Also. Is there a particular spot alont the vct feed gallery where there is alot of meat to tap into.

Someone had suggested building up the alloy on the head before drilling and tapping. Whether its necessary or not I would rather find out before I pick a spot to start drilling into.

Ive finally got my head off time to drill and tap into the head for external oil feed.

first question Ive been trying to find a way to find all attached images within this thread.

looking at what people have done in the past for vct feed.

Also. Is there a particular spot alont the vct feed gallery where there is alot of meat to tap into.

Someone had suggested building up the alloy on the head before drilling and tapping. Whether its necessary or not I would rather find out before I pick a spot to start drilling into.

this is what i done>

photo4-1.jpg

photo1-6.jpg

photo2-6.jpg

photo3-4.jpg

this is what i done>

photo4-1.jpg

photo1-6.jpg

photo2-6.jpg

photo3-4.jpg

hey thanks for the nice shots, that second shot where you have drilled into it you wouldn;t be able to send me a high resolution copy at all would you?

looks like quite a large line what size thread is that tapped? I was looking at tapping to suit a 3/8 NPT bung.

From the shots I'm guessing that particular area has a wall of 4mm would that sound about right?

• 2 weeks later...

did a search on here and came up with nothing so I thought I would throw this in here.

The gates 151 tooth belt part number is 5399xs or/and T790, the belt is 1208mm long by 25.4 wide with a MC profile ( the same as the stock 26 profile )