SAU Community

R33 Rb30 Conversion

JNR24

• 1 year later...

Hey everyone, am nearing completion of my RB25/30 build, but I seem to be stuck on setting up the timing.

I have drilled and tapped the block above the water pump for the timing belt tensioner, am using a RB25 idler below the water pump, crank is at TDC, but am unsure on where my cams are supposed to be at. I also have adjustable cam gears to go onto the cams, once the motor in full is set to TDC correctly. To make it easier, the block is a standard A6 VL N/A block, and the head is standard aswell, valves, cams, with the exception of the VVL being blocked off in the head.

If someone could help me out with this it'd be muchly appreciated. Have tried searching in this thread alone and also the whole of SAU, but cant find a definite answer. With 359 pages worth of thread here, I tried looking, but it seems a lot of people like to talk shit in here too which makes it all that much harder..

Install the adjustable cam gears straight off and use the markers as per Ben's comment.  Then pay someone competent to degree your cams.  Hint: this is far easier and less time consuming to do on the bench/engine stand. 

• 1 year later...

Hey team. 

Massive thanks for this thread. It's amazeballs. 

Just wondering if a factory 25DE ecu could be used to get a 30DET running. Just temporarily so I can check everything for leaks and I'm eating myself noises before it goes for dyno tune.

Not sure what ecu I'm going to use yet will speak to the tuner before to see what brands they are familiar with. 

Once again cheers guys

• 1 year later...

I know....Rb25/30 boredom (not build ) question...but opinions will be cool

Need to know some real Hp/Kw figures for my build...just your guesstimation possibly. 

Build

25neo head.+1mm over int/exh..rear head drain

Stainless valves ..performance springs

Tomei cams (poncam)

Ati balancer ...prp collar..n1oil pump..forged gears..prp billet crank sprocket washers...billet backing plate to n1 pump..7L sump.. Stock crank acl bearings...87mm rb30 block..CP flat top pistons...Max peening H beam rods.

Fuel cell...1000hp fuel supply..1400cc injectors. 

6boost exh...45mm hypergate.

Haltech elite2000....flex fuel.

Real reason is so i know if my gearbox is going flying...

2 hours ago, Jeff2530 said:

I know....Rb25/30 boredom (not build ) question...but opinions will be cool

Need to know some real Hp/Kw figures for my build...just your guesstimation possibly. 

Build

25neo head.+1mm over int/exh..rear head drain

Stainless valves ..performance springs

Tomei cams (poncam)

Ati balancer ...prp collar..n1oil pump..forged gears..prp billet crank sprocket washers...billet backing plate to n1 pump..7L sump.. Stock crank acl bearings...87mm rb30 block..CP flat top pistons...Max peening H beam rods.

Fuel cell...1000hp fuel supply..1400cc injectors. 

6boost exh...45mm hypergate.

Haltech elite2000....flex fuel.

Real reason is so i know if my gearbox is going flying...

No turbo so approx 180kw

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
On 19/10/2021 at 11:15 AM, jaychen said:

Is this still the thread to read with regards to high hp sohc rb30 applications?

Most stuff on here will relate to DOHC heads.  
What info specifically are you chasing?

• 2 years later...