SAU Community

The Epa Thread/Roadworthy Thread

Do-Luck

I'm talking about the external-gate it self though

What if you run a highflow turbo or even a stock turbo with an external gate... then no one will know you have a larger turbo - example

taking off the gate, taking off the gate

abu u should be taking off ur gate :D

Just another quick question, Can i still pass the EPA test with my stock catback but still have my 3inch front trust/greddy pipe and turbo dump pipe?

bceause i just connect my catback to them. Its not that noisy but just to make sure.

I failed EPA once with a massive 111DB, what i did is i got the exhaust shop (the one that did the test) to make up a 2 1/4 inch pipe with a normal muffler to replace my cannon. So i had a 3 inch turbo back right down to near the muffler which then went to a 2 1/4, through a normal oval muffler. It just passed at 89DB.

So if he wanted me to pay for the custom muffler pipe he made it would have to pass :)

I failed EPA once with a massive 111DB, what i did is i got the exhaust shop (the one that did the test) to make up a 2 1/4 inch pipe with a normal muffler to replace my cannon. So i had a 3 inch turbo back right down to near the muffler which then went to a 2 1/4, through a normal oval muffler. It just passed at 89DB.

So if he wanted me to pay for the custom muffler pipe he made it would have to pass :P

Same thing I did. Nobel Park Brake and Clutch did mine. Good service there.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone have some standard RB20 cooler pipes laying around? I need a cross over pipe without a BOV and an intake pipe for between the afm and turbo intake. I can't fit a standard filter box because my intake pipe is a fancy Apexi one. thanks guys.

Anyone have some standard RB20 cooler pipes laying around? I need a cross over pipe without a BOV and an intake pipe for between the afm and turbo intake. I can't fit a standard filter box because my intake pipe is a fancy Apexi one. thanks guys.

I have a standard intake pipe and plumb back pipe if you need

Might have some stock cooler pipes laying around

PM me your best offer

:thumbsup:

Thanks abu.

PM sent

Will i get a standard intake pipe to fit my Z32 afm? I imagine that the pipe diameter will be smaller than the afm. Can you interchange afm's with a Apexi Power FC?

You will only get dicked if 1. you have something illegal 2.they find it.

The SAFC is not legal, but if they dont find it you wont get caught. What i'm getting at is take it or, or hide the shit out of it!

If l take out the SAFC ... would that mean taking out all the wiring fromt he ECU back, or just unplugging the unit.

Got a letter from EPA today in relation to a Emissions control system & noise. Exhaust isn't a problem, but not sure what to do with the SAFC.

Hi, I asked this question in a wrong section.

Does anyone know whether dump pipes/visible adjustable cam gears are defectable?

Also, if a cop pulls you over, does he actually go through your car eg., glovebox, etc? I hide my boost controller in there. Can you just unplug it and hide it under your seat or something? Also I heard turbo timers are defectable?!?!

Thanks.

hey just got pulled over 2night by a cop,

just got a few q's...

all the cop did was take two photos, one of my intercoller and one of the pod intake pipe heading out of the engine bay.

when they epa you, do the giv u a canery on the spot?

cause all he did was look at my licence for 10 seconds max, i dunno if he even wrote anything down. then he said u'll get a letter.

then i drove off, i was only pulled over for 30 secs.

any help would be heaps appreciated.

I just cleared my defect today. Relieved that it's all over. Pretty frustrating and vic roads didn't even come out to see the car. After all the work put in getting rwc and taking off mods, it hardly seems worth it.

I don't understand the one intake mod rule. How does having an intercooler and a pod make it unroadworthy? Is it because of the induction noise?