SAU Community

The Epa Thread/Roadworthy Thread

Do-Luck

Its $704 fml, didn't get pulled over thought, it was a camera? so it went to the registered owner

Car was defected and had suspended reg btw

post-87349-0-89182100-1358824479_thumb.jpg

Edited by Johnie

lol... you want past experience?

Wait until the officer drives off and then pull the defect sticker off right away OR as soon as you get home.

Then just sticky tape it on once it dries (or just wipe the glue off and tape it on). It's only illegal to not display it... Says nothing about taking it off and immediately re-affixing so it's not a massive pain in the ass later!

That's true experience for ya :merli:

Lol I did this, except in front of the cop, I had tape with me and he said its fine lol

Yeh went into hillside after finding it lol that moved back from burwood hwy. They can't fit me in soon is the problem. Email and rang EPA for extension but I just would rather get it cleared asap.

It's for an R33 GTST out of curiosity what difference does that make? different hangars or something for exhaust?

Edited by jukic.j

I believe it's that hangers/points where it attaches that are different, but I could be wrong about this. I have a 33gtst full stock exhaust you could possibly borrow mate?

Hanger points are the same gtst to gtr. Only difficulty you may find is trying to fit a gtst specific exhaust onto a gtr because as we have found out trying to put my super drager onto grants R the curve of the rear section isn't designed to clear the subframe brace so it fouls against it.

I believe it's that hangers/points where it attaches that are different, but I could be wrong about this. I have a 33gtst full stock exhaust you could possibly borrow mate?

34/33 (non gtr) have the same 4 hanger points.

just some minor differences in the muffler and pipe itself.

Ah the Hume Camera's have been on since Aug, so probably caught speeding then come processing time - system realises it was suspended.

That is amusing failboat at it's best

Yup came with a speeding fine too. whatta fail

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

now i've got question which i cant seem to get a straight answer for.

can i notch castor rod mounts ( think of s13 ones, they bolt up to the rad support and chassis rails under the engine bay) as in cut a section out and weld in a bit of thick angle or C channel to clear something ?

kinda like this

==========\ /=======|

..........................\/..................| <----- side view

====================

( couldn't center it with out the full stops)

called up some auto engineers off the vic roads site and cant get a straight answer and my rwc guy is away sick

thanks

Edited by Dan_J

lol Nik, love it - and i do agree given the "level of effort" factor. :thumbsup:

Slightly not so simple answer:

No - without VASS approval.
Conditional Yes - with VASS approval (Engineers Cert) - but you MUST talk to them BEFORE doing it to understand their requirements.