SAU Community

The Epa Thread/Roadworthy Thread

Do-Luck

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

I've just bought an R34 GTT and I'm looking for some original rubber brake and clutch pedal covers for a roadworthy. I know in the past aftermarket bolt-ons have been denied, and I don't particularly want to pay $150ish dollars for genuine GTR ones. Any help would be much appreciated.

I spoke to the mechanic today who will be doing the roadworthy and he said bolt on type of pedal covers would need to be bolted THROUGH the pedals, not bolted on using brackets as most aftermarket kits have, or alternatively, grip tape/skateboard deck tape is acceptable, as long as the pedal has a grippy surface it will pass. So I spent $5 at a bike shop on a 90mm x 500mm strip of scooter deck tape. I'll have enough left over to re-cover both pedals 5 times over. He is also happy with coilovers as long as they are a quality brand (mine are Teins) and not a backyard job. Car is booked in for Monday, happy days!

• 4 months later...

Got a question for everyone, i was in a quiet carpark tonight and was revving the car stationary a bit (its fairly loud) and a unmarked ford transit van pulls out of nowhere with 6 cops in it, two come out and say what the hell are you doing..

long story short they didn't check my license or anything.. just said your car dosnt sound normal I'm going to take your rego down and pass it on to a highway patrol to check over your car so expect a letter in the mail !!

Do you guys think the cop was bluffing? does a why patrol come to your house to check your car or? any help will be greatly appreciated.

there is nothing stoping a cop coming around and checking your car. strange if they had that much of a concern that they didnt get the HWY Patrol car to come there on the spot. but i suppose all you can do is wait now.

You'll most likely get an EPA notice in the mail, organised BY hwy patrol courtesy of him forwarding your details to them. Which means going to a noise test. Unless he got lazy later on or forgot about it, you'll get a notice.

I was in a quiet carpark tonight and was revving the car stationary a bit (its fairly loud) and a unmarked ford transit van pulls out of nowhere with 6 cops in it, two come out and say what the hell are you doing..

I would have said the same thing... :P

• 3 weeks later...

Ok, so I tried to get a roadworthy today, and it failed because when you put the headlights onto high beam, the low beam lights switch off.

According to Vic RW standards, the low beams need to stay on when you're on high beam.

AFAIK, this is normal for the car, but the workshop guy said absolutely no room for negotiation on this.

WTF? Anyone had any experience with this?

uwot?

Skylines (and lots of cars) do this from factory... as you pull the stalk towards you, highbeams come on and then (less than a mm later) lowbeams go off...

I assume to limit power draw or overheating of the headlight casings?

They got complianced just fine like this...

I'd ask him to point out where in the Vicroads regulations it specifies headlights and high beams must come on at the same time. Nothing in VI26 stating that at all.

https://www.google.com/url?q=https://www.vicroads.vic.gov.au/~/media/files/documents/safety-and-road-rules/vsi26_1212_web.ashx%3Fla%3Den&sa=U&ei=a8xlVOGCCIO0uASmn4H4Dw&ved=0CAYQFjAA&client=internal-uds-cse&usg=AFQjCNGnCFP--oDZ6hARnPy2LHeNtUDf2Q

Nothing in ADR 46/00 about headlight/high beam coming on at the same time either if you wanted more proof that dude is talking out of his arse :P

http://www.comlaw.gov.au/Details/F2006L02294