• Welcome to SAU Community

Welcome to SAU Community, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of SAU Community by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
    • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
    • Get your own profile page, build reputation and make new friends
    • Send personal messages to other members.
    • See fewer ads!

Consider joining our newsletter for the latest content updates

Click here to register

Do-Luck

The Epa Thread/Roadworthy Thread

ido09s    14

Mate of mine recently got lucky in NSW with his defect.

I contacted the RMS about a dfect of 7 years old as he has lost the paper work and wasn't sure what he should do. Was told you need to fill in a document and hand it in with a blue slip and its all gone, UNLESS its an EPA defect.

Contacted the EPA and it had a defect from them. The guy I spoke to though said given the age of the defect and the fact it was going to need a blue slip for rego he would remove the defect from the system.

He hasn't tried registering the car yet as I need to get it going again after sitting for close to 7 years, but time will tell.

32psi    3

When you go to VicRoads to register an unregistered car (in my case it was on a club permit but same thing). Does someone come out and inspect the car? Or do they just accept the RWC sign you off? Sounds like a silly question but I haven't been through the un-registered process before.

Spressy    3

In my experience you hand your proof of ownership papers and RWC certificate to them, the attendant will come outside to inspect that the chassis and engine numbers match and likely glance at tyres/easy stuff/shiny performance bits to satisfy themselves that the car didn't present as obviously unroadworthy

EDIT: Should mention that the engine number is the same as declared to vicroads, so it doesn't have to be the original engine but they must know about it and you declare the engine number on the form too. I haven't done this with a modified/engineered car so I can't comment on that. Making the engine number on the block easily visible makes their job easier too

Edited by Spressy
added an extra bit

32psi    3
35 minutes ago, Spressy said:

In my experience you hand your proof of ownership papers and RWC certificate to them, the attendant will come outside to inspect that the chassis and engine numbers match and likely glance at tyres/easy stuff/shiny performance bits to satisfy themselves that the car didn't present as obviously unroadworthy

EDIT: Should mention that the engine number is the same as declared to vicroads, so it doesn't have to be the original engine but they must know about it and you declare the engine number on the form too. I haven't done this with a modified/engineered car so I can't comment on that. Making the engine number on the block easily visible makes their job easier too

Ok I'm just asking because theoretically if I had a RWC for this engine bay if they'd ask many questions lol. The rest of the car is dead stock looking, new paint and bolts front to back. Just curious if become it looks pretty presentable they wont be too bad on me. I know those VicRoads guys aren't mechanics just people who check the vin and engine number but not sure on the likely hood they'll pull me up for my bay...don't want to get the RWC guy in shit.

So far I've added the "technicalities". The high mount and turbo are glaringly obvious but so be it.

*Custom made new 2 1/4 exhaust off a new 3" dump whisper silent

*Re-circ bov

*New black powdercoated and enclosed airbox

*Screamer plumbed into new exhaust

I just want to get registered (not engineered) as the car was previously on a club permit with the old owner.

dfu.jpg

Edited by 32psi

Leroy Peterson    1,194

I don't know how you managed to get a RWC, but it's probably down to who inspects the car at vic roads. Least you got an airbox made up lol

32psi    3
35 minutes ago, Leroy Peterson said:

I don't know how you managed to get a RWC, but it's probably down to who inspects the car at vic roads. Least you got an airbox made up lol

Lol I said, "theoretically" :6_smile: but yeah I'm going for the whole "seems legit" look. I was considering finding the biggest engine cover off a new car I could find and just sticking it on top of everything.

Leroy Peterson    1,194

How are RWC's with cars from the late 70's? Reading through the regs and it sounds OK, but wasn't sure if testers are out to recover costs like they are with more modern cars...
Seat belts are still retractable and locking type, but obviously aren't going to be up to a modern standard, so not sure how anal they're going to be about it.