SAU Community

The Epa Thread/Roadworthy Thread

Do-Luck

You can... I think.

I've read it somewhere, its just a question of was it relating to EPA or VicRoads that didnt care (or both possibly)

Check the first pages links. It will be in there somewhere Colin.

ay guys,

i currently are gettin a roadworthy and have been told that "Exhaust is to loud - EPA noise test required" and i have a 3" full exhaust.. i have read the whole topic..

however, just wondering if they will check my ECU for the noise test cauz i currently have a powerFC..

and if they do check its ok because i have the stock ecu.. but if i swap them will the current settings i have on the powerfc remain or will it reset??

and has anyone been successful with a cheap alternative for exhaust noise??

ay guys,

i currently are gettin a roadworthy and have been told that "Exhaust is to loud - EPA noise test required" and i have a 3" full exhaust.. i have read the whole topic..

however, just wondering if they will check my ECU for the noise test cauz i currently have a powerFC..

and if they do check its ok because i have the stock ecu.. but if i swap them will the current settings i have on the powerfc remain or will it reset??

and has anyone been successful with a cheap alternative for exhaust noise??

If all you need is the 'noise test', its done at an exhaust shop, they DONT check anything except your exhaust noise output. (For mine anyways).

A cheap alternative - get the stocker fitted.

Cheers,

Dan :domokun:

Edited by JonesyGTR

ok thanks heaps for that.

anyone know were i can get a stock system for cheap?? or borrow one??

Shoot me a PM, i give you details of what I did/who i went to.

Not saying they can help you, but im sure they will try and do the best they can....

Cheers,

Dan :closedeyes:

got a major defect for car bein 9.8cm < 10cm limit

is that really a major defect...dont see why i need to get a rwc for that..

previously ive been pulled over on chapel st and other places and have had the same problem..but those cops said that it was marginal..and that i am on the limit.. why da fuNk do i hav to spend money on a useless rwc.. *ARGH*

also cop mentioned something about the car has to have "minimum 2/3's of the original travel" ? what does that mean? O_o

thanks,

btw...anyone got a set of stock springs..had enough of this crap..glad to swap with my lowered springs :bunny:

ps. its for r33 gtst s1.

You were defected for a illegal car, this isnt a whinge thread mate :(

This is a help thread.

As for the suspension travel rules. If you take the time to look at the links in the first couple of posts that refer to VicRoads VSI's and website.

You'll see the rulings and what can/cant be done. Its all very clear as i have read it myself before.

cheers

Ok. Iv got an EPA test on Friday. I was told to take off my boost controller, pod filter since have a cooler, the blow off valve and put stock one on, and take my exhaust, 3 inch all the way, off and stock one on. I also have a bosch 044 fuel pump......Should i change this, or leave ?

OK man. I had my EPA today, i was told that if i get called back again, for my exhaust in particular, i would incur a $500 fine. WTF. this is what the guy actually told me himself several times today. Am not sure if he was trying to scare me to sellin it (he did mention selling my rb20 i said fug dat), or if he was serious.

How can we be so sure, without coping it :yes:

so nismoid if you get called back to EPA you get a $500 fine?

since when?

you just said before EPA for emission test is free, epa for exhaust test goes by the shop its tested at...

is this meant to be something new is it?

Well read the paperwork they send you.

Its all on there, if you havent got paperwork, then dont worry about it.

The test is indeed free. Fines however are not part of the test.

It used to be 3rd time and you'd get fined, that could have changed etc.

So, just read the letters. I've never had a defect/epa letter that was not perfectly clear about what i needed to do, or how to find out more info

HAHAHA ok so my mate got done for his car being to loud,

so we went and got heaps of Fly Wire and down the road from the place we pulled over and

you just scrunch it up and shove it in the exust pipe!

dont drive a long distance with them as they burn out,

when it was finished being tested ( IT WORKED!! )

we just gave it heaps down the freeway and the flywire shot out the back!

it was really funny, people wore driving past us,

and i was shoving flywire up an exust!

haha

it did work though!