SAU Community

The Epa Thread/Roadworthy Thread

Do-Luck

hey, just wondering if anyone has any information to share about getting a car retested for emission in one of those special labs. Im after information like who does it? can you get the car tested somewhere prior to paying $1500+ for them to test it?

Pretty much any info will be helpful.

Thanks, Mike.

• 2 weeks later...

The only car I know that has been totally certified for emissions is BLKCRX (James), and he had to go to the labs at the Ford factory in Geelong. I'm not sure of the specifics but I know it was very pricey. He can be contacted through the CRX OzHonda forums.

Hope that helps.

Edited by stolen_s15

• 4 weeks later...

hey guys cops got me today epa time.

so wats the go, i get a letter and gotta bring it in, do i get a fine for this at all?

am i gonna be in shit because parts of my front bodykit has been cut for front mount>>??

any tips guys??

nope that has nothing to do with epa, thats for a defect and will need an engineers cerftificate but that will be on the defect notice if you got done for....That still has nothing to do with EPA

EPA is all engine/exhaust related and to do with teh emissions from the car :P

oh ok so that will be ok then.

this is my first time for epa.

they didnt give me any notices just said that vic roads will send me a letter in the mail about when to go and get everything checked.

so yeh he was saying about the whole cut but he didnt give me anything for it? or will all that be on the letter that commes out.

??

hmmm not to sure about that never had it happen for me, but id say if they do you for the whole they have to have it on the defect notice im pretty sure...

and EPA could be just a noise test which would require you to change ur exhaust to stock

or a full test which means car pretty much has to go back to stock :P

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Yeah so I got a "random" EPA fine - long story but basically he crossed 3 lanes of traffic and moved up about 6 cars to get me, no I wasn't doing anything wrong either. Not Happy Jan.

I was asked to pop the hood, he noted the pod and intercooler then mentioned that the EPA would send me a letter.

Is it likely that it will be a full emissions test? or just the exhaust (i'm confident I'd pass the exhaust).

But I have a secondary question - I don't have the time, tools nor stock parts (I have an ECU, EBC, Pod, FMIC and Exhaust) to continually pass this kind of thing.

If I was to buy a Stock R33 GTR, Do the Exhaust, FMIC (Use a K&N Filter rather than pods) and possibly the ECU thing (altho keeping the stock ECU for "times of need") would I pass by default assuming the exhaust was of "legal volume". If not, what *could* i do to a GTR and pass consistently (thus not having to f**k about with mechanics etc)?