SAU Community

350gt Tv And Sat Nav

GT-R LM

Ok guys lets talk about the sat nav and tv that come in 350GT coupes in Japan.

Is there a way to make it into english and have the satnav working for Australia, there has to be a thing that converts the signal for TV? and a way to reprogram the sat nav? there has to be some wierd gizzmo in this day and age?

Ok guys lets talk about the sat nav and tv that come in 350GT coupes in Japan.

Is there a way to make it into english and have the satnav working for Australia, there has to be a thing that converts the signal for TV? and a way to reprogram the sat nav? there has to be some wierd gizzmo in this day and age?

Get a surround from the US delivered G35, then it's all in english. You can get signal converters, not cheap though.

true but that still doesnt fix the other issues. for a decetn price I can replace the LOT with a eclipse or the like.

G35 has the same intgrated dash as well.

as for the nav working - need to know who makes it. if you are in brissy I'll gladly pull the car apart and present you with a few options.

as for replacing the LOT - can do and I have the needed part numbers to do it.

Yes there is a thing to reprogram the sat nav but it is in Japan at the Nissan factory, which firstly needs to be reprogramed for Australia" maps then they can reprogram your sat nav but the cost in doing that Chris Rogers can supply and install about 5674 sat navs in your car

has anyone considered looking at nissan maxima's navigation system.. or the control box etc?

if they BOTH use denso then you are on a winner. if its ANYTHING like what I have seen in the 33/34s here they unit can be: clarion,xenavi,alpine,matsushita all for OEM.

only way to truly work it out is to strip it. mind you that unit still will not be cheap. figure $3-4k at a minimum.

this is what I mean by a swap out:

g35before.JPG

to:

g35after.JPG

there is a LOT to change to get to that stage. the AC controls have to be redone for one.

how bad do you want it?

Chris, why would the AC controls need to be changed? Non Nav 350GT's have exactly the same AC controls and the screen used is higher up where the smaller elongated screen is. I've seen pics of 350GT's and I'm sure the pics of what the AC is doing is up on this small screen and not the Sat-Nav screen.

Very interested as I'm sourcing a 350 right now in Japan.

I'm yet to speak to nissan, but was also thinking of the Patrol unit. Other than that, is there any aftermarket DVD/TV/SAT combos that can be used?

If the SAT NAV screen has nothing to do with the AC, I was thinking of putting in a new all in one system which can sit in the glove box, and display on the factory screen? No idea though, just thinking.

**EDIT** just looked at some pics, and I can't seem to see any with the Sat Nav that has AC display on the smaller higher up display I was talking about.

SOOO, could you not hook up the Ac to the display up top like in the non SAT NAV cars, and then custom fit a new SAT NAV into the pop up screen section? Again no idea, just typing as I think :-)

Cheers

Bobby

Edited by NISMO

reason it needs to swap is the A/C and the radio and on one board. remove the OEM radio and you remove the A/C controls.

you still need to know who makes the main unit. in some cases it's clarion (denso) others though it can be anything.also the navi unit WILL NOT be cheap as a spare part are you prepared to spend a few grand doing it?

as for aftermarket - there are a few that I would use. again it comes down to cost.

Edited by Chris Rogers

• 1 month later...

There is an interface that we can set up for you that allows you to use the existing factory screen of all V35 Skylines and integrate Australian navigation, TV, DVD and reverse camera if required. PM me if interested.

Why only coupes? I have sedan :D

What do I want from my LCD Screen? For me, apart from the fuel economy screen, it's pretty much all a gimmick, but I'm so glad I have it as without it there looks like there is something missing.

Firstly, I would preferably want it in English.

I don't really care about Navigation. By all accounts this is impossible anyway.

TV - I can't see why this wouldn't be achievable with little mods to the OEM.

Bits and pieces I have found from research -

the headunit is most probably made by Clarion - the US guys say theirs is but I can't confirm on the jap ones.

The software for ours is made by Xanavi.

http://www.xanavi.co.jp/products.html - go through and find the page that says Map Software - the BirdView one i believe is ours.

There are 2 Discs that make up the software - 1 Program disc/Firmware update disc(CD) and 1 Map Disc(Dual Layer DVD)

The US guys say they can change the languages from their menus.

I've had the US discs sent to me(they are made by a different company - http://www.zenrin.com)

The Update Disc complains about firmware being incorrect. The Map DVD does nothing. So don't bother with this route guys.

But I'm pretty sure you would be able to exchange the DVD-ROM Drive with the US one and have it work. Harnesses "should" all be the same. The ones for the stereo certainly are. But i'm not going to fork out this money without someone confirming this firstly. Oh and if it works your screen will say Infiniti instead of Nissan...

I am really interested in getting the Jap equivalent to these Discs. I didn't get them, if you have them, can I beg you for a copy.

The best thing to do is get someone who speaks Japanese call up this company and ask them about an update copy of the firmware - can they confirm if it changes languages? That alone would be worth a shell-in for us to buy a copy.

g35driver says what Chris says. You can buy a double-din facia and replace the HU but the aircon controls need to be swapped out for aftermarket at the same time. For me this is a bit expensive at the moment, and I am quite happy with the sound from the stock HU as is.

The TV module in my car is made by this mob:-

http://babelfish.altavista.com/babelfish/t....jp%2findex.htm

Mine says ATV-62 on the side. Is your's the same?

Again someone who speaks Japanese would be best to call them and ask them for a wiring diagram.

Can someone tell me the technical reason why the TV needs to be converted? I've never had it explained properly and I don't get it.

I have sent heaps of emails to heaps of Jap companies. Never with any replies. Could be the language barrier.

Also Maximas don't come with Navigation screens afaik? Only the Muranos and Patrols. But completely different systems.

Yes aftermarket connectors and harnesses can be hooked up for you to utilise the existing screen no problems. But I'm trying to exhaust OEM options(ie , do it cheap!)

Don't know if this is helpful for you guys but the following are a couple of G35 links for replacing a double DIN headunit, and what Nissan parts you need. Also describes what you need to do so to retain aircon functionality. Probably if you want to swap out the screen with another one, like Chris mentioned?

http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/mp3car-inf...finiti-g35.html

http://g-owners.com/article_read.asp?id=33

• 2 weeks later...