SAU Community

350gt Tv And Sat Nav

GT-R LM

it is. the dealer one you can tell is dealer fitted. the V35 will be factory fitted like the M35.

I have a fellow wanted me to rework a cima (it runs the Xenavi DVD/nav.) but I need a base to start from.

the unit that you list is used in the M35 as a factory fit (I have one here.)

it is. the dealer one you can tell is dealer fitted. the V35 will be factory fitted like the M35.

I have a fellow wanted me to rework a cima (it runs the Xenavi DVD/nav.) but I need a base to start from.

the unit that you list is used in the M35 as a factory fit (I have one here.)

Chris

Have you had any luck remapping the TV tuner to pick up Aussie Channels? I can pick up sound on Channel 7 but video is just off range. I understand you are gonna have a crack at it.

Paul

• 2 weeks later...

I don't think it will be as simple as remapping the TV tuner.

For start Japan uses 60 Hz NTSC system where Aussie channels are 50 Hz PAL. You will need to convert the video signal back to NTSC if you want to use the original screen which is easy to do if the screen can handle 50 Hz signal.

Second problem is the sound. Sound is in different location in PAL system compare to NTSC system that’s why the tuner with IF amp are having trouble to lock on the stations.

If anyone has any ideas and is willing to work on this project let me know.

Tom

I looked at the idea. the OE xenavi item has two CAN controllers in it and a CPU with code on it. my thought originally was to hard code the tuner IC if it had one- it didn't- and swap the main tuner module out as they are somewhat standard. I stopped when I saw the CPU.

was aware of the format/IF 'differences'. V sync is slightly out as well 15735hz vs 15750hz.

wouldn't mind talking to you (PM me.)

Edited by Chris Rogers

I also though about swapping the tuner module but it's controlled by that Hitachi H8/3640 MCU using I2C protocol. Getting compatible PAL tuner would be very difficult. I've pulled the tuner module apart and I'm going to try some different crystals and SAW filters. I'm still waiting for my PAL to NTSC converter though.

Tom

I also though about swapping the tuner module but it's controlled by that Hitachi H8/3640 MCU using I2C protocol. Getting compatible PAL tuner would be very difficult. I've pulled the tuner module apart and I'm going to try some different crystals and SAW filters. I'm still waiting for my PAL to NTSC converter though.

Tom

part of the reason I stopped looking at it. if you manage to get the firmware out of it without destroying the chip I'd be interested. if the MPU controls the tuning voltage then your idea may work. I would still be looking at the tuner swap myself. (think VCRs :) ) we really need to talk when time permits :blush:

cant you use a pal to NTSC converter like people do with soarer in built TVs?

soarer is a bit different. this one IF you can get the signal inthe right spot - maybe. I'm doing it

another way.

Hey Guys,

Has anyone looked into the below option?

It's an SD card based Nav pc from VDO, and they seem to think that it should be able to be wired into the standard screen in the V35.

http://www.siemensvdo.com.au/press/release..._navigation.htm

I've done a bit of a search and it seems to come with a few screen options, but if this could be purchased seperately without the screen, would it be a massive task to wire it up to a OEM screen in the V35's?

Cheers

Wiring in another Nav system shouldn't be a problem. The easiest way would be to use RGB connection if the Nav system has one but the OEM screen has both, RGB and composite video connections.

The biggest disadvantage of that option for me is that you can’t use the original controls any more. The same goes for the stock TV, it’s easy to replace it but then you need to use another remote to actually control it.

There are 2 Discs that make up the software - 1 Program disc/Firmware update disc(CD) and 1 Map Disc(Dual Layer DVD)

The US guys say they can change the languages from their menus.

I've had the US discs sent to me(they are made by a different company - http://www.zenrin.com)

The Update Disc complains about firmware being incorrect. The Map DVD does nothing. So don't bother with this route guys.

But I'm pretty sure you would be able to exchange the DVD-ROM Drive with the US one and have it work. Harnesses "should" all be the same. The ones for the stereo certainly are. But i'm not going to fork out this money without someone confirming this firstly. Oh and if it works your screen will say Infiniti instead of Nissan...

I am really interested in getting the Jap equivalent to these Discs. I didn't get them, if you have them, can I beg you for a copy.

The best thing to do is get someone who speaks Japanese call up this company and ask them about an update copy of the firmware - can they confirm if it changes languages? That alone would be worth a shell-in for us to buy a copy.

Still interested in these discs. If anyone has them can you please PM me.

has anyone been to an australian nissan dealership to get some advice?

i was thinking of rocking up to a local Mr Nissan service department and explaining the situation etc

even if they can jsut convert the stock display from jap to english i would be happy with that..

there's no reason they can't pull out the control box, send it to japan to be converted, and then send it back and re-install it

that way we could get all the fuel economy stuff etc. in english

it all comes down to what they would charge for it, really.. i think i would pay a few hundred for that

yeah i'm ok with that, i was planning on connecting up an external nav device anyway (Actually chris, i might contact you in the near future about that if you can help me out as i'm in brisbane)

all i wanted to do with the stock setup is to get it in english, which they can apparently do in japan... no the nav, just the information screens such as fuel economy etc

yeah i'm ok with that, i was planning on connecting up an external nav device anyway (Actually chris, i might contact you in the near future about that if you can help me out as i'm in brisbane)

all i wanted to do with the stock setup is to get it in english, which they can apparently do in japan... no the nav, just the information screens such as fuel economy etc

You can get it in English I have already written to the company that makes them and they say the english version if for dealer installed nav systems only. The only possible way around it is using a US (Infinity) system but they rarely have the same systems as we do.

It is pretty much time to give up on converting the unit to english or local TV in any shape or form. The best you will do is retain the screen and install a after market VDO or Blaupunkt nav system. Or if you are after Movies only a DVD palyer and use the inputs on the tv tuner to port it in.

has anyone been to an australian nissan dealership to get some advice?

i was thinking of rocking up to a local Mr Nissan service department and explaining the situation etc

even if they can jsut convert the stock display from jap to english i would be happy with that..

there's no reason they can't pull out the control box, send it to japan to be converted, and then send it back and re-install it

that way we could get all the fuel economy stuff etc. in english

it all comes down to what they would charge for it, really.. i think i would pay a few hundred for that

I called them both on Dealership and Parts Dep of Nissan AUS, They said that, ALL the Nissan Model in AUS using VDO system, our 350GT using XNAVI system. So there is nothing they can do and there is nothing they know.

Ok listen up everyone,

If you want your Sat Nav or DVD or TV changed to australian standards visit jap link motors on parramatta rd, near leichhardt. The guy i spoke to there was Con. he can do anything for you with australian maps and no mods to the A/C buttons. Everything remains in its position. He can do the Sat nav for $1800.

Another thing, we have to organise a get together for all the V35's in Sydney. I haven't seen many around but have notice that there are at least 60 for sale in NSW. Hopefully soon we can get a bigger group.

Cheers.