SAU Community

350gt Tv And Sat Nav

GT-R LM

Ok listen up everyone,

If you want your Sat Nav or DVD or TV changed to australian standards visit jap link motors on parramatta rd, near leichhardt. The guy i spoke to there was Con. he can do anything for you with australian maps and no mods to the A/C buttons. Everything remains in its position. He can do the Sat nav for $1800.

Another thing, we have to organise a get together for all the V35's in Sydney. I haven't seen many around but have notice that there are at least 60 for sale in NSW. Hopefully soon we can get a bigger group.

Cheers.

Yeh, I called them 6 months ago. Just like Chris said, There is no cheap way to "convert" GPS unit to used here.

What they do is just connect another GPS system via TV connections and used the remote to opearte.

I would rather stay in my TOMTOM, I can imaging if I want to imput a address and the only thing I am able to use is a remote control. What a night mare.

too much effort really. I have these things mapped out now and they will show up ont he appropriate buttons. no OE controls though.remote only.

the radio on the other hand I DO have sorted. it will display correctly :rolleyes:

WAZ,

yep geive me a bell when you are ready. I have 2 m35s to do once compliance clears so I've got time on my side to look at yours if you like.

too much effort really. I have these things mapped out now and they will show up ont he appropriate buttons. no OE controls though.remote only.

the radio on the other hand I DO have sorted. it will display correctly :rolleyes:

WAZ,

yep geive me a bell when you are ready. I have 2 m35s to do once compliance clears so I've got time on my side to look at yours if you like.

How did you get the radio sorted? Are you using a band expander at all?

Tom

Ok your right mate i called up and asked about the Sat nav and remote. Bluddy idiots they dont tell you till you actually ask.

How about DVD players, what do they do with them? just replace them with Australian ones? Would it be controlled by remote or just throught the normal system using existing buttons?

Ok your right mate i called up and asked about the Sat nav and remote. Bluddy idiots they dont tell you till you actually ask.

How about DVD players, what do they do with them? just replace them with Australian ones? Would it be controlled by remote or just throught the normal system using existing buttons?

The same thing. The good thing is: we are used to use remote to opeate DVD player, they used place the DVD player under the seat or in boot because as chris said: The DVD rom in upper Glove box also has some function link to trip computer.

any way I want to call chris the check out what his stage up to and wonder how can I do with my one in sydney.

the radio on the other hand I DO have sorted. it will display correctly :sleep:

WAZ,

Hi chris:

As I understand, Remap means you make the TV work???

What fantasic job.

How did you get the radio sorted? Are you using a band expander at all?

Tom

not saying :sleep: involves a LOT of fiddling - band expander is easier. only reason I did it was for a M35 with the integrated dash. currently the car in question has the stock JAP radio back in it.

before ANYONE asks - no I will not do an aftermarket one. if you have $300 or more to throw around on this and you have no other choice (IE integrated dash) then I'll listen.

The same thing. The good thing is: we are used to use remote to opeate DVD player, they used place the DVD player under the seat or in boot because as chris said: The DVD rom in upper Glove box also has some function link to trip computer.

any way I want to call chris the check out what his stage up to and wonder how can I do with my one in sydney.

contact details are in my sig :O

I'm due for a trip down there as well. need to catch up with a mate of mine in the south.

remote only. also its not as simple as it may sound. most of the units have a video in on them so if you had the correct signal its easy. thing is anything late model IS NOT THAT EASY!

most of the cars in question didnt have DVD video anyway. the DVD logo on most indicates that it is a DVD ROM system. if it says DVD video ont he face of the unit then it supports it.

All the bits to convert to Double DIN are now listed on the web site with the link below.

http://japanparts.com/db/partslist.php?dea...=2&small=13

We have converted a lot of V35's now and a kit is able to be made up and installed by a local installer if they know what they are doing, even got the new Cima working sweet as.

After trying every option best plan seems to be you fit a new unit putting it in the boot or under the front seat, leaving the OEM unit in the car due to other things it also controls.

Do not let some one "give it a go" as they can make a serious mess if they dont know what they are doing and the car is off the road a long time.

TV isnt hard to get working and the new Sat Nav system is controlled by a small remote with split screen and everything working.

Personally I have a OEM double DIN unit as mine is 6 Speed Manual and they dont come with Sat Nav.

Also you can order Double Din as per below from Japan Parts

g35after.JPG

not saying :whistling: involves a LOT of fiddling - band expander is easier. only reason I did it was for a M35 with the integrated dash. currently the car in question has the stock JAP radio back in it.

before ANYONE asks - no I will not do an aftermarket one. if you have $300 or more to throw around on this and you have no other choice (IE integrated dash) then I'll listen.

contact details are in my sig :whistling:

I'm due for a trip down there as well. need to catch up with a mate of mine in the south.

Hmmm and I thought this was a forum where people could meet and share information about their common interests :nyaanyaa: Not just to advertise their business :P

• Like 1

I'm not going to disclose it- that simple. its not for the faint hearted I will say that. unless you are VERY good with a soldering iron I wouldn't suggest attempting it. I'll leave it at that.

the main point of that post is this: I get people asking me DAILY to do something with their unit that came with the car that is usually aftermarket and tey want to pay nix for it. forget it and bin it was essentially what I am saying.

I'm far from a promotions person I offer help a fair bit on this site if you haven't noticed already.

Edited by Chris Rogers

From a business point at first I did not give Chris any information I had when it came to the V Series Skyline/Stagea and CIMA which was for two reasons that I told Chris from the beginning and he understood what I was saying, I have not given people I work with some of the information that I gave to Chris or what I will give him in the future.

I did not want to give any information to every Tom, Dick or Harry at a stereo shop who did not know what they were doing and would say "I can give it a go", if you don't know what you are doing don't touch it.

I work with people who asked me to keep what I know to myself and so be it as that is business, I don't expect Chris to tell me everything he knows as that is also business and I will not take it to heart.

People pay $1,000 to get someone to help them import a car which a trained monkey can do, they keep their contact's and information they have to them self as that is their business, I don't see any difference.

I am in for figuring out a solution to keep my features on the screen (compass, efficiency information, that wallpaper thing is not bad also) as cost efficient as possible, hehe. Everything so far sounds too complicated.

Edited by russky

Yeah, thats what I mean. Once you start doing things to it, you loose them. Has anyone thought of installing a car computer, or whatever its called, that does everything? I know it's expensive, but should replace every function currently on the car and add may more, like GPS and DVD.