SAU Community

R33 Power Steering Fluid Change *video Link*

$weetDreamZ

Hey Skyline brethren! Here's another little video DIY tutorial put together by the boo and I. This one's for changing the power steering fluid. It's not a full system flush but just something which can be done as maintenance.

http://s3.quicksharing.com/v/6647940/PSFluidChange.avi.html

We're moving up in the world and now have a backyard production company doing the vids - Small Fry Productions. Those who have seen our previous vid would know our Site Manager. She's hooked us up with her film company - Roaring Dog Films.

Enjoy!

• 5 months later...

I've just heard the opinion that removing the power steering fluid as described in my DIY is harmful to the power steering pump because the pump is lubricated with the power steering fluid and that by running the car to remove the fluid will damage the pump. What are other people's thoughts on this?

tsk tsk..:nyaanyaa:. You cant run a power steering pump dry as it will damage the steering rack.

You need to remove the oil return line and drain the oil whilst at the same time topping up with new fluid. This allows for the pump to never be dry.

Edited by HKS99

• 10 years later...