SAU Community

E-manage Ultimate (emu) 56k Beware (screen Shots)

I'm 99% decided on this thing, just need to confirm a few things: looks like the EMU doesn't have have built in boost control and you need an external unit like the GReddy PRofec B-Spec. II (Greddy part 15500209). Is that right? Can I use any boost controller? or is it like CD stackers/head units where they won't play with 'other brand' gear?

I know I'll need the following (planning to keep the AFM for the time being):

- eManage Ultimate ECU Rrevision E (Greddy code 15500501) includes software and USB cable from where I'll buy it (mohdparts)

- Harness Kit, either 15901500 (1.2metres) OR 15901503 (2.5m), whichever my mechanic wants to use

But do I need this next harness, or is it included in the harness listed above?

- A/F Input Harness (part 15900912, 25USD)

I think that's all I need until I decide to go MAP, when I'll buy the following:

- Pressure Sensor (16401301)

- Pressure Sensor Harness (16401406)

• Replies 765
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm 99% decided on this thing, just need to confirm a few things: looks like the EMU doesn't have have built in boost control and you need an external unit like the GReddy PRofec B-Spec. II (Greddy part 15500209). Is that right? Can I use any boost controller? or is it like CD stackers/head units where they won't play with 'other brand' gear?

I know I'll need the following (planning to keep the AFM for the time being):

- eManage Ultimate ECU Rrevision E (Greddy code 15500501) includes software and USB cable from where I'll buy it (mohdparts)

- Harness Kit, either 15901500 (1.2metres) OR 15901503 (2.5m), whichever my mechanic wants to use

But do I need this next harness, or is it included in the harness listed above?

- A/F Input Harness (part 15900912, 25USD)

I think that's all I need until I decide to go MAP, when I'll buy the following:

- Pressure Sensor (16401301)

- Pressure Sensor Harness (16401406)

you can use any kind of boost controller you like. but i'd wait for greddy to release their control unit for the EMU, which im expecting to be like the E-01 and be a control unit/boost controller in one (the e-01 only works with the emanage blue as a control unit).

you wont need the A/F Input Harness unless you're keen to tune it yourself. its an extra option which lets you tune with a target A/F map by connecting a compatible A/F meter to the emanage. all of the harnesses you need come in the 'Harness Kit' you mentioned.

the rest sounds right :laugh:

Cool.... When is this boost controller supposed to come out, and why do you recommend it in particular? My tuner might want to use the A/F Input Harness?

im not sure when the boost controller is supposed to come out. thats a question you'd want to ask Trent (URAS) as hes got some insider info.

i recommend it because it will be like the hand controller for the PFC. you'll be able to read all of your engine stats (like water temp, knock etc.) as well as adjust boost.

theres no harm in buying the A/F input harness but i'd ask your tuner if he needs it. otherwise you'll have it for no reason.

Joe, are you still running the auto box?

does this EMU get rid of the ignition retard between gear changes?

Can i still retain auto shifts with this EMU installed?

And are you tuning it all yourself?

If not,who are you getting to tune it?

Joe, are you still running the auto box?

does this EMU get rid of the ignition retard between gear changes?

Can i still retain auto shifts with this EMU installed?

And are you tuning it all yourself?

If not,who are you getting to tune it?

yeah mate, i've still got the auto box. doesnt look like ill be going manual any time soon :woot:

the emu actually has a setting (i havent played with yet) that lets you get rid of the ignition retard between gear changes for the auto box.

once i figure out how to adjust this, ill post it up.

auto shifts dont change at all with the EMU as you still retain the factory computer.

when i first got the emu i was hitting R&R with the hiflow. i adjusted a few settings myself so it wouldnt till i got it tuned.

i had it tuned by a shit house 'motor racing' (hint hint) workshop in rockdale who had no clue on how to tune the emu. i was actually there showing him how to use some of the features of the emu so he could actually tune it FFS! the graph was so shit. dont go there (pm me to find out where).

my next option will be autosports engineering in kirrawee.

sweet,looks like you'll be the guru with the EMU in the auto department.

i still got a few other things to take care of,diff,fuel,etc. but im always on the hunt for a good auto friendly ecu.

ill be following your steps along the way,sounds like your halfway there already if not more.

Top work mate!

keep us posted.

we put dan's under the cd player where the holder thing normally sits (since he doesn't have 1). we are eventually going to make a little panel to hold it firm. we put it there so it is easy to plug the laptop into it.

Cool.... When is this boost controller supposed to come out, and why do you recommend it in particular? My tuner might want to use the A/F Input Harness?

The a/f harness is best for datalogging and no real need for your tuner, as for the wait on the boost controller interface.... dont hold your breath :) something is coming but i cant get a date... not even an approximate :(

Oh well nm... scored a PFC+HC for 850. Sweet! I'll keep an eye on this though, as it's interesting to see who will take the lead and become the next *currently-manufacturer supported* ECU of choice. Plus if I go completely nuts later, might need to use MAP instead :)

Oh well nm... scored a PFC+HC for 850. Sweet! I'll keep an eye on this though, as it's interesting to see who will take the lead and become the next *currently-manufacturer supported* ECU of choice. Plus if I go completely nuts later, might need to use MAP instead :)

i love the PFC as it is just so easy to fit and tune but if your stuck with a auto or a car the PFC is no longer made for then the EMU is the next best thing, the most popular cars for EMU seems to be GTiR and soarer/supras atm funnily enough.. i have done about 6 in the last 3 weeks.

We had some issues with a R34 the other week but i never go to sort it out as the unit was removed before i could look at it but i did another last tueday with no issues so it seems to have been a vehivle specific issue not a EMU/R34 GTT issue.

for the s2 r33 you only need to change 1 jumper. from memory you set jumper 8 to 5v. the rest stay as they are. i think it says thich jumper it is that you have to change on the first page of this thread

for the s2 r33 you only need to change 1 jumper. from memory you set jumper 8 to 5v. the rest stay as they are. i think it says thich jumper it is that you have to change on the first page of this thread

nah you must leave it @ 12v 100%