SAU Community

E-manage Ultimate (emu) 56k Beware (screen Shots)

i've been thinking about how you can remove the AFM with the greddy pressure sensor...

cant you log current AFM voltage from the sampling map and paste that into the airflow output map? wouldnt that have the same effect if all i was after was to remove the AFM?

• Replies 765
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

f*ck, sorry to jack into this thread and ask this question - but just when i've decided on an emanage ultimate, i see a bunch of people saying "if you can get a pfc, get it!". so i'm still not able to commit...!

the benefits of an emanage ultimate appear to be:

*new technology that can be updated (software) easily

*price (plus the ability to remove AFM saves cost by not having to upgrade the stock AFM)

*brand new (warranty)

*easy to tune (a few tuners seem to be around who can use them)

*retains factory engine safety mechanisms

*kit comes with software and cable to start tuning right away (if you're so inclined)

So what is it that a pfc can do that the emanage ultimate can't?

nothing.

people who say that the pfc is better is rather dogmatic. the pfc is just easier to install.

once the emanage starts to become more and more popular there will be alot more support out there for aftermarket bits and pieces.

in a few years time i'd imagine that the emanage will have aftermarket programs to make tuning and engine management a whole lot easier. there is actually someone on the emanage support forums that is developing a program that auto-tunes the emanage for you with a few inputs and a wideband. i mean, the emanage ultimate was released a few years ago and already there is a program being developed for auto-tune.

whats next?

aggree the emange is much better that a power fc. I have friend who just tuned a power fc and he hated it took him four hrs cause it was done my the hand controler but then he did mine took him an hour to retune all my mods so the emu is much easier and u get all the bits u need when u buy the ecu not like the pfc where u have to hire the software

I have just installed my new emanage ultimate and realized there is no option for changing the air flow meter to the Q45 AFM I have just brought!!?? Just about every engine is listed apart from VH41. Is this correct Q45 AFM is from VH41 engine? What other engine should I select to make this AFM work? I would have thought Greddy would have included the option to fit a Q45 AFM by now.

aggree the emange is much better that a power fc. I have friend who just tuned a power fc and he hated it took him four hrs cause it was done my the hand controler but then he did mine took him an hour to retune all my mods so the emu is much easier and u get all the bits u need when u buy the ecu not like the pfc where u have to hire the software

Who has dyno print outs to support these claims, id like to see some concrete evidence.

If you have them post them up.

i know the fella he is talking about. he hates pfcs with a passion. he prefers microtech, haltec and wolf

and ucd15r33's r33 made 251kw with an emanage ultimate, stock afm, 3076r @ 16psi, 3" exhaust, fmic, pod. the emanage on had a very basic tune on it. and i mean basic. it was just running off the wideband o2 sensor and altering the fuel mapping to suit the ratios i wanted at set load points. no timing adjustments were done.

The question is why would one of the jjr guys tell me no one in aus can achieve a "good" tune on the emu ? after talking to them about some stuff.. must admit I have bought stuff of htem in the past and they have always been truthful and ecent on prices. Never sold me a sub par quality part either... I had originally gone there to purchase an oil cooler kit but the prices had gone up sinceI had last checked on the net which was a little while ago. that coupled with talk about the greddy I think i need to hold onto some simoleans with need of big tune $$$ .... I was really only in the area and went threre on impule oil cooler buy.. none the less.. I havent actually seen a emu in action. I want some dyno graphs... airflow graphs etc not just power runs if you can help.

btw thanks for the advisory re the part no's and the jumpers.

I personally think that its because no one wants to try and tune them

they dont seem to be as simple as the plug and play style Power FC etc and all it takes is one wire not wired in properly and it upsets the whole thing

I had a tuning place here on tville try and tune it and they failed badly

so they did the normal thing

blamed the greddy ,said it was faulty

but after 2 minutes with Trent on the emails he had it fixed and running properly

Now im sure if you go into that shop and ask for a greddy tune they will say no

I can see potential in the greddy EMU I just think there needs to be some more tuners willing to give it a chance

Im actually going to let another tuner here in tville have a look at it (not tune but look at how easy the setup is )

and who knows he may take them on

also being one of 2 cars in this town running them doesnt help and being alot of ppl know about my car and the issues ive had kinda keeps them away (sorry Trent)

But they are all watching and waiting hoping it gets right

they dont seem to be as simple as the plug and play style Power FC etc and all it takes is one wire not wired in properly and it upsets the whole thing

but after 2 minutes with Trent on the emails he had it fixed and running properly

I can see potential in the greddy EMU I just think there needs to be some more tuners willing to give it a chance

Im actually going to let another tuner here in tville have a look at it (not tune but look at how easy the setup is )

also being one of 2 cars in this town running them doesnt help and being alot of ppl know about my car and the issues ive had kinda keeps them away (sorry Trent)

Its not helping that the company's that do "try and tune them" like you said, fail badly.

Is it something wrong with the emu? or is it simply inexperience?

Its not helping that the company's that do "try and tune them" like you said, fail badly.

Is it something wrong with the emu? or is it simply inexperience?

I would say inexperience. Even with a proven management system there are a lot of people that say they can but really just want to give it a crack and hopefully earn an easy buck.

My PFC for example (on an auto 230rwkw still going strong) first off went to my usual mechanic who is a great bloke, no bs, listens to what I have to say as generally I'll only make a request or suggestion if I actaully do have some idea. He said he'd have a go however also said he'd never done one before. All honest and up front, he didn't have much luck but sorted out a couple of other things for me and didn't charge me for the time he spent on the PFC. Next guy said no worries, does them all the time etc, ran like garbage and had to reset it within a couple of days to get it at least running properly myself. So third time lucky no more mucking about, straight to Racepace and Ben sorts it, done deal, no problems.

it does comes down to inexperience.

what ive noticed with the emanage is that it works on a correctional basis, not a final output kind of mapping (PFC).

for example, if you want timing to be 20 degrees @ set RPM on a PFC you just input 20 degrees at whatever rpm.

with an emanage, if you want timing to be 20 degreesa @ the same RPM and timing is at 15 degrees already, you just input +5 into the ignition adjustment map @ whatever RPM.

the difference is minimal but i think theyve just been turned off the emanage blue.

i've been thinking about how you can remove the AFM with the greddy pressure sensor...

cant you log current AFM voltage from the sampling map and paste that into the airflow output map? wouldnt that have the same effect if all i was after was to remove the AFM?

yeah that will work, i have done it a few times now and is basically the same as the operation i set about to post last week but i still havent had time I WILL TONIGHT ;) the problem is the video files are actually *.exe files and this forum wont upload it niether will my work computer..... stoopid firewall.

I have just installed my new emanage ultimate and realized there is no option for changing the air flow meter to the Q45 AFM I have just brought!!?? Just about every engine is listed apart from VH41. Is this correct Q45 AFM is from VH41 engine? What other engine should I select to make this AFM work? I would have thought Greddy would have included the option to fit a Q45 AFM by now.

the VQ45 is not a common upgrade due to the low airspeed driveabilty problems (when used with big cams etc) there is not much benefit over a Z32. I have just asked japan to do an update file to include the Q45 so i will let you know what they say and whether or not they will slap one together for us.

yeah that will work, i have done it a few times now and is basically the same as the operation i set about to post last week but i still havent had time I WILL TONIGHT ;) the problem is the video files are actually *.exe files and this forum wont upload it niether will my work computer..... stoopid firewall.

save it as a .zip file then upload that. it should work then.

I might be getting flown up to MT ISA to do some emanage and powerfc tuning later this year so i will sling you a email if it goes ahead ;)

The question is why would one of the jjr guys tell me no one in aus can achieve a "good" tune on the emu ? after talking to them about some stuff.. must admit I have bought stuff of htem in the past and they have always been truthful and ecent on prices. Never sold me a sub par quality part either... I had originally gone there to purchase an oil cooler kit but the prices had gone up sinceI had last checked on the net which was a little while ago. that coupled with talk about the greddy I think i need to hold onto some simoleans with need of big tune $$$ .... I was really only in the area and went threre on impule oil cooler buy.. none the less.. I havent actually seen a emu in action. I want some dyno graphs... airflow graphs etc not just power runs if you can help.

btw thanks for the advisory re the part no's and the jumpers.

I have a lot of respect for the JJR guys because they do what they do well but that comment maybe sour grapes due to them not being granted a GREDDY account....

Look at Jim at CRD he is a pro at the EMU and i would say that he is a gun at every ECU becuase he understands the theory behind the numbers... he is not a key puncher like like many. Greddy even commented on how good his EMU skills are, he matched the jap guru kw for kw in a recent tuning display at CRD and he did it quickly.... the sign of a great tuner.

If you are in Sydney and want an EMU tuned you would be crazy to go anywhere else, especially if you want the best you possibly can outta the thing.