SAU Community

E-manage Ultimate (emu) 56k Beware (screen Shots)

• Replies 765
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Innovate LC-1 $200 bucks delivered from USA. Found on ebay. Wideband and narrowband output, replaces the factory O2 sensor and narrowband output goes into the stock ECU. Wideband output goes into the Emanage and gives realtime A/F ratio between 7:1 and 22:1 on your laptop. As said above, can be used to do a basic air/fuel ratio tune on the injector maps.

Also, as far a plugging the wideband output into the option port of the emanage, I just used a small terminal from a battery plug brought from Dick Smith. The only pin that needs to be connected is the far left side pin if using the option 1 port.

Innovate LC-1 $200 bucks delivered from USA. Found on ebay. Wideband and narrowband output, replaces the factory O2 sensor and narrowband output goes into the stock ECU. Wideband output goes into the Emanage and gives realtime A/F ratio between 7:1 and 22:1 on your laptop. As said above, can be used to do a basic air/fuel ratio tune on the injector maps.

yeah the lc-1 is ok for starters but the lm-1 is the go.

Also, as far a plugging the wideband output into the option port of the emanage, I just used a small terminal from a battery plug brought from Dick Smith. The only pin that needs to be connected is the far left side pin if using the option 1 port.

it should use two to give more acurrate readings.

This might be a silly question, but is the use of the emanage units limited to Jap cars?

I.e, theoretically, could I use a blue emanage on a BMW 323?

BTW, I'm not crazy :P

depends on ignition signal some cars are not compatitble.... we tried XR6 turbo to no avail :D some euro bosch systems also dont work.

Aren't magnas jap?...

Is there a way of working out if its possible, or is it a trial and error type exercise?

I might give it a go, there's a gold emanage for sale cheap on NS atm, and if it doesn't work in the BMW, i'll use in the drift pig :P

Thanks guys.

Trent, i need your help mate.

i followed your instructions to remove the AFM but every time i put the data into the Airflor Output map and as soon as i do, the car either doesnt start, or if i do it while the car is running it will start to spew out black smoke and eventually stall.

what am i missing?

i did it VS. Throttle position AND AFM Voltage and i got the same thing.

do i have to unplug the AFM for it to work?

does the MAP sensor need to be plugged in? if so, what settings do i punch into the emanage?

It appears I have one of the earlier EMU's, board letter is © and serial is GSCII03111. Is this going to be a show stopper for my RB26 install? I assume all this means is I can't use my EMU to detect knock. [edit, see below post]

Using a plug and play GTR loom I connected this for the first time yesterday with neutral software setup and a stock engine. The car runs but there's a lot of fuel smoke on idle and driving at low speeds/power was very rough, felt like ignition was cutting in and out and it seemed to get worse if i opened the throttle more. Haven't made any modifications to maps & car runs perfectly on stock ECU. I haven't done much logging yet but the bit I did do showed 100% spikes of injector duty or cycle (can't recall which one, don't have it in front of me). Any ideas... i have set jumpers to factory defaults as below.

Jumper: State

1-6: Open

7 & 8: 1-2

9: Open

10: 1-2

11 & 12: Open

13 & 14: Open for knock sensors, 1-2 for temp sensors

15: 1-2

16: Open

17: 1-2

18: Open

19 & 20: 1-2

Note: There is a jumper setting typo in the installation manual. The overview table of jumper settings on page 6 says for Jumper 17, open is VTM and 1-2 is Karman output..... but then on page 8 under the explanation of jumper 17 it says "JP17 Frequency Output / VTM Output. This jumper will configure pin 21 channel in the Connector B (18 pin connector). Set to OPEN for Karman airflow meter output signal. Set to 1-2 for Honda with VTM signal."

The instructions that came with my plug and play loom support table on page 6 so i have gone with that one as correct. Can anyone confirm this?

Thanks

Wegs

Edited by wegs

Mohdparts.com have told me they don't think the GReddy e-manage Ultimate injector adapter #2 - #15901504 will work for RB26. Trent told me the same as he didn't use one on the driftcat RB26. So I will continue looking elsewhere for an answer to my above post.

They also said the software & not the board version determines the knock sensor abilities of the EMU. I will try hooking this up and see if i can get a reading.

Wegs

Trent, i need your help mate.

i followed your instructions to remove the AFM but every time i put the data into the Airflor Output map and as soon as i do, the car either doesnt start, or if i do it while the car is running it will start to spew out black smoke and eventually stall.

what am i missing?

i did it VS. Throttle position AND AFM Voltage and i got the same thing.

do i have to unplug the AFM for it to work?

does the MAP sensor need to be plugged in? if so, what settings do i punch into the emanage?

yeah the map sensor needs to be plugged in and selected in the options menu.

check out the file i sent you and set the scales in the output map to the same. if you get stuck let me know and i will go through it tonight on my laptop and MSN with you..

i just tried it again with the map sensor selected, and with your output map as well. same thing. it just stalls.

your not using my data though are you? as rb26 and rb25 are totally differrent. If you are thats the problem.

email me your EMU file (with airflow datalog) now to [email protected] and i will set it up.

What about for RB25

I have over fueling issues at the moment and was hoping that adapter would solve it

is your water temp reading right? what correction do you need in the map to get the mixture right? and what serial number?