SAU Community

E-manage Ultimate (emu) 56k Beware (screen Shots)

no i only copied the airflow output map.

im emailing it now mate.

yeah my output map wont work as it is for rb26 you need to datalog the rb25 one. that one i sent was just for demo, to show what scales to use and how to interpolate the data.

• Replies 765
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah my output map wont work as it is for rb26 you need to datalog the rb25 one. that one i sent was just for demo, to show what scales to use and how to interpolate the data.

yeah thats cool, i logged my own data and it was almost identical, it was around .02v off.

even with my own logged voltaged on there it didnt work.

What about for RB25

I have over fueling issues at the moment and was hoping that adapter would solve it

Hey you got stock injectors? try setting the inj lag times to zero and putting the injector size in the before and after setting boxes.

It appears I have one of the earlier EMU's, board letter is © and serial is GSCII03111. Is this going to be a show stopper for my RB26 install? I assume all this means is I can't use my EMU to detect knock. [edit, see below post]

Using a plug and play GTR loom I connected this for the first time yesterday with neutral software setup and a stock engine. The car runs but there's a lot of fuel smoke on idle and driving at low speeds/power was very rough, felt like ignition was cutting in and out and it seemed to get worse if i opened the throttle more. Haven't made any modifications to maps & car runs perfectly on stock ECU. I haven't done much logging yet but the bit I did do showed 100% spikes of injector duty or cycle (can't recall which one, don't have it in front of me). Any ideas... i have set jumpers to factory defaults as below.

Jumper: State

1-6: Open

7 & 8: 1-2

9: Open

10: 1-2

11-14: Open

15: 1-2

16: Open

17: 1-2

18: Open

19 & 20: 1-2

Note: There is a jumper setting typo in the installation manual. The overview table of jumper settings on page 6 says for Jumper 17, open is VTM and 1-2 is Karman output..... but then on page 8 under the explanation of jumper 17 it says "JP17 Frequency Output / VTM Output. This jumper will configure pin 21 channel in the Connector B (18 pin connector). Set to OPEN for Karman airflow meter output signal. Set to 1-2 for Honda with VTM signal."

The instructions that came with my plug and play loom support table on page 6 so i have gone with that one as correct. Can anyone confirm this?

Thanks

Wegs

see my above post and let me know how you go.

i never had an issue with my RB26 but it had a 5000 odd serial number which i know far a fact had the injector adapter 15901506 in-built into the circuit board. That said usually nisssan are not a drama only toyota's ran rich but hey any thing is possible.

Fact: SERIAL number 4000 onwards includes injector adapter 15901504.

Version 2 update will allow you to datalog Knock, it is a upgrade not a board change so yes as long as your EMU is not a real early one knock will work. everyone should be running software UPDATE 2.13

Yeah I changed the lag once and the bloody car was a prick to start again

Ill have a real dig at it soon as i have the following to put on my car trent

Z32 AFM

Nismo 480cc injectors

and after I put those in im kinda obligated to install the greddy for good

which leads me onto my next question

what do I put in the After section for injectors trent

I havent a clue what the lag time on the Nismo Injectors are

HEY I NEED HELPPP PLSSSSSSS I HAVE THE RB25DET S2 I HAVE MY INJ SETUP IS ADD AND TRIM IS THIS THE RIGHT WAY BEC MY INJECTORS ARE DEAD? I SET MY JUMPERS 1 TO 6 OPEN? WHAT ELSE I NEED TO MAKE MY INJ WORK

Edited by nomenai

Have you set up the emanage using a laptop and configuring the type of engine you have? It doesntt matter if the setup is add/trim in order to get the car going. Once its plugged in and configured it should start. How do you know your injectors are dead?

yes everything is set up but the inj dont fire

Have you set up the emanage using a laptop and configuring the type of engine you have? It doesntt matter if the setup is add/trim in order to get the car going. Once its plugged in and configured it should start. How do you know your injectors are dead?

see my above post and let me know how you go.

i never had an issue with my RB26 but it had a 5000 odd serial number which i know far a fact had the injector adapter 15901506 in-built into the circuit board. That said usually nisssan are not a drama only toyota's ran rich but hey any thing is possible.

Fact: SERIAL number 4000 onwards includes injector adapter 15901504.

Version 2 update will allow you to datalog Knock, it is a upgrade not a board change so yes as long as your EMU is not a real early one knock will work. everyone should be running software UPDATE 2.13

I have done some more troubleshooting... tell me if you think any of this relates to my car running rough.

The ignition timing in my logging goes straight to 111.0 when running the engine regardless of RPM. I expected this to show 20deg at idle, or if it's a different scale at least change at different revs. Without the EMU connected my timing gun shows 20deg BTDC at idle (950rpm). With the EMU connected the timing gun is off the crank pully scale... past 30deg BTDC. Any ideas?

Wegs

Edited by wegs

Thanks mad082, i will give that a try. I assume if I open a new blank EMU session and upload it to the ECU it should reset it. I will see if there is a way I can force the 2.13 update again to the unit as well.

Wegs

Edited by wegs

yeah had the same issue in regards to timing display when i first fitted cats up, select either of the other RPM sources and your timing will show up str8 away.

Got the latest version (2.13) and have knock sensors tapped in to the factory wires and set up in the configuration to run both sensors. Running non resonant at 7.2khz as mentioned in previous posts.

Have a reading of 0% knock on both sensors when driving around. Is this normal or should there be some degree of knock 1% - 2% 10%?

I am a bit worried about advancing the timing incase there not working properly and the knock sensors arent reading at all.

emanage ultimate is on r33 gtst rb25

the emanage actually picks up knock much like a proffesional detector so any spike at all is ACTUAL knock unlike the pfc which runs a percentage type system, Dont rely on that for your tuning unless you refference the number with a proper knock detector just in case..... are you in melb?

what serial number is your EMU?

Yeah im up in the tullamarine area. The number on my ecu is 5076. I am going to take it to a tuner but i would like to be able to get the q45 afm running properly and my 660cc injectors running properly also.

Im going to map the voltages for the stock afm on the datalogger and then when i fit the q45, adjust the voltages in the low load areas (0% throttle) to match up. Maybe map the cruise voltages as a reference also. Then use the a/f meter and the fuel target map to adjust the parts of the fuel map which are in the high load areas.

When i get to this point and im happy with how its running I will get it on the dyno for finer adjustments. If I end up pulling too much hair out over it ill just take it to someone to sort, but id feel like a better sense of achievement if i can get it to this point on my own, and have an understanding of whats going on with the ecu.